In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Apps and Games

[Apps] Google's new Gboard

2020-09-21 18:49:15
225 16
Google has been working on a Gboard redesign for more than two months now, and it looks like the company is finally starting to roll it out to the first few beta testers currently using version 9.8.07 of the app. The new look trades the Roboto font for Product Sans and fits the latest revisions to Google's Material Theme much better.The new design is most apparent when you have key borders enabled in Gboard's theme settings. The gray in the background has been replaced with white, and the keys have gained an ever-so-slight gray tint — they don't stand out as well as they did before. Shift, backspace, the number switcher, and enter have become a few shades of gray darker, and the accent color of old is gone. Similar changes have been made to the dark theme, which now sports an all-black background and gray keys. Functionally, everything remains the same.The design previously leaked as part of an APK teardown.Unfortunately, the changes appear to surface via a server-side switch, so even if you install the latest Google keyboard beta, you won't necessarily get in on the new design. If you still want to try your luck, you can get the latest Gboard beta by signing up for it on the Play Store..... The beta is very nice app I might add the addition of the emoji bar is a favourite along with the new auto follow the system so light and dark automatically, so if you're one for using dark2.0 in schedule mode now you have a keyboard that is truly part of the whole system.
2020-09-21 18:49:15
Favorites4 RateRate

Admin

Torlyn |

Oh, that's nice, looking for a replacement for my Swiftkey (that seems to be mainly made out of bugs lately), will try and see if I can get onto the beta. Thanks :D
2020-09-21 19:11:50

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 Author | from app

tbh I've been using it for a 2months now and the switch from SwiftKey took me a couple of weeks to lose my muscle memory but I do like it, the only thing I do miss is the arrow keys 😭 but since I my decision to try and stay stock Gboard hasn't let me down tho must admit I'm key less but the dark mode is very cool especially if you use it timed! as I do on very bright days so I can save battery and lower the brightness 😁
2020-09-21 19:32:04

Grand Master Bunny

Peter666 | from Redmi 5A

Say what you want but it's the best available!✌️
2020-09-21 20:02:45

Pro Bunny

the new follow system default is my favourite feature enhances the true dark mode and light mode !
2020-09-21 20:12:54

Semi Pro Bunny

suavegarve | from app

I've been having a play with Gboard today. When typing an email, it doesn't show as a prediction. Is there a setting for this?
2020-09-22 01:08:37

Pro Bunny

If you hit the arrow above the keys there you find text correction, but as far predicting actual lines of text to complete sentences, I think that's program specific I could be mistaken but I think it only works with replies? I tried replying and I saw what I'm used to in Gmail which is a finish sentence by swiping but it only works when it has something to analyse I guess ?¿ Purely a guess as it only works on replies for some reason
2020-09-22 01:35:13

Semi Pro Bunny

suavegarve | from app

N30MVR44
If you hit the arrow above the keys there you find text correction, but as far predicting actual lines of text to complete sentences, I think that's program specific I could be mistaken but I think it only works with replies? I tried replying and I saw what I'm used to in Gmail which is a finish sentence by swiping but it only works when it has something to analyse I guess ?¿ Purely a guess as it only works on replies for some reason

What I mean is you get three words above the keyboard as you type, as it predicts what you are typing. On SwiftKey it offers me email addresses as part of the predicted words, but Gboard does not seem to do that, it gives up as soon as I type the @
2020-09-22 03:31:33

Pro Bunny

yeah I get three words above my keyboard see the picture attached
2020-09-22 03:33:47

Pro Bunny

it's the top section
2020-09-22 03:34:55

Semi Pro Bunny

suavegarve | from app

Yeah I know, that's what I'm talking about. SwiftKey will offer email addresses in there, I'm asking if Gboard can do that
2020-09-22 03:37:01