In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Announcement] Feedback here : MIUI 12 Beta Stable v12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM for Mi 8 Lite with Android 10 Rolling Out Now!

2020-09-21 18:39:34
3155 47
Dear Mi 8 Lite users,
Great news!!
MIUI 12 is here! The all new MIUI 12 Global Beta Stable v12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM based on Android 10 for Mi 8 Lite (platina) is being rolled out to limited users. If you haven't received the update yet, kindly wait for its public release. As always, this is similar to Global Beta Stable, which is released first to limited users for feedback and will be followed by the Global Stable release for the general public. The update will be through OTA only. For those who have received it, kindly share your feedback about the new update here. Use the Telegram groups for bug discussions and feedback.

⚠️NOTE :
  • Sharing the ROM links in the forum is considered as leak and any user doing so may get banned for violation without notice.
  • This update is currently rolling out to random users in limited numbers only. It follows first-come-first-serve basis. Do NOT post threads or spam the comment section of this thread for not receiving the update. Any such thread / comment will be deleted without prior notice. Read the FAQ section below for more information.
  • Beta Stable update can be suspended due to bugs so ignore the update if you want a Stable release. Wait for its public release, which would be followed in a few days.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q : When will Global Stable be released to public?
A : If everything goes normal with the update, it will be released for public within a few days. Do NOT ask for ETA.

Q : Others have received the update, but not me. Why?
A : As said above, this is rolled out in limited numbers only. Not all users would receive the update at the same time and only a % of total users will get the first rollout. The update maybe pushed later to other users in batches. Kindly be patient.

Q : I got the update earlier, but now updater is not showing any update, what to do?
A : When you will get the update you need to download/install it, if you skip it then you will get it after its public release. Kindly be patient.

Q : What about Mi 8 and Mi 8 Pro? Aren't they supposed to get the update first?
A : There is no particular order in which an update is rolled out. Mi 8 Lite got its update baked first, so it was released. Other devices will follow soon. No variant will be left out - no need to rant about it in the comments. Such comments will be deleted without warning.

Q : Is this region specific?
A : No. It is rolled out to random users in limited numbers only at the moment. It will be rolled out to everyone soon.

Q : How is this different from Stable release?
A : Nothing much. This is just a pre-rollout of the Stable release. This is given to testers for getting feedback. If everything goes well, it should be available to general public soon.

Q : It says "Stable" in the Updater instead of "Beta Stable". Why?
A : Both are the same. Beta Stable only refers to the partial rollout (in limited numbers) before releasing it to the public.

Q : Should I unlock my bootloader for taking this update?
A : No. Just update normally like any other update. Make sure your device is charged above 80% before taking the update.

Q : Can someone send me the link?
A : NO. Sharing of Beta Stable ROM links is against forum rules. Do NOT ask for links. Any user posting links will be deleted without any notice and can be banned without warning.

Q : Can someone share the changelog?
A : No. Beta Stable updates can be suspended due to bugs. The changelogs may vary when the Stable version is released to the public and so the changelog will be provided in the ROM thread posted after the public release.

Q : Will a ROM thread be posted?
A : Yes. Once the Global Stable is released to the public, a ROM thread with download links and necessary guides will be posted by the Moderator.

Note : No more threads asking for updates will be entertained and will be deleted at once. Read the FAQs and wait patiently for the update. Those who have received the update, kindly refrain from posting update screenshots as comments and/or threads. Such threads / comments will be considered as spam and will be deleted without prior notice.

If you face any issues with the new update, feel free to report them through here or through the Feedback app.
Your feedback is very much appreciated !!

Best regards,
happybuddhist
Mi 8 Subforum Moderator
2020-09-21 18:39:34
Favorites8 RateRate

The bug in the calendar was not fixed (
In the regional settings, the first day of the week is Monday, but it's Sunday. In fact, it doesn't react in any way.
2020-09-21 19:14:58

Master Bunny

Raza_Mohamed | from MI 8

great news but mi8 users are still waiting 😞
2020-09-21 21:53:33

Advanced Bunny

Eyes/N0Soul | from MI 8 Lite

The whole system suffers from constant lag, icon animations are broken, the system is not as responsive as it was before the update. Maybe I should have restored the phone to factory settings...
2020-09-21 22:55:32

happybuddhist Author | from MI 9

Eyes/N0Soul
The whole system suffers from constant lag, icon animations are broken, the system is not as responsive as it was before the update. Maybe I should have restored the phone to factory settings...

I would recommend a factory reset since this is a major update. MAKE A BACKUP before you proceed.
2020-09-21 23:06:36
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

qas
The bug in the calendar was not fixed (
In the regional settings, the first day of the week is Monday, but it's Sunday. In fact, it doesn't react in any way.

Which region are you from?
2020-09-21 23:07:59

Advanced Bunny

leenaway | from MI 8 Lite

Performance seems fine right now, only a few hiccups when switching/opening & closing app.
However Google Assistant in Dark Mode looks kinda weird, not sure if its on Google-side or MIUI dark mode.
Also in Battery Usage stats, the Total Power Consumption is kinda off as well by only showing like 17 mAh used?
Other than that, haven't found any other bugs yet.
2020-09-22 08:00:54
I have a bug with broken icons animation sometimes, and the scaling layout of the new control center, so many spaces beetwenn big buttons.
2020-09-23 19:35:10

felipepflanzer
I have a bug with broken icons animation sometimes, and the scaling layout of the new control center, so many spaces beetwenn big buttons.

It seems that you are using a higher DPI. Control center is designed to work best with the default DPI, so higher values will only create vacant space between the icons. Maybe in future iterations, it may make use of the space to sort itself, but for now, only 4 in a row is possible.
Cheers! :-)
2020-09-24 00:04:26
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9
happybuddhist replied at 2020-09-23 13:04:26
It seems that you are using a higher DPI. Control center is designed to work best with the default DPI, so higher values will only create vacant space between the icons. Maybe in future iterations, it may make use of the space to sort itself, but for now, only 4 in a row is possible.
Cheers! :-)

Hi, thank you for answer,
Maybe is that, but i have tried others dpi configurations and the problem continued.
What is the default dpi of mi8 lite?
2020-09-24 05:29:25