In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] Google messages

2020-09-08 15:41:23
244 19
I have used Google messages in the past but gave up because of problems with the app. As you will be aware Google message app is now he default message app on the global rom. I had hoped this meant that a lot of the issues had been ironed out. Sadly not, messages don't get  sent and last night I was trying to text a friend I have texted many times only to be told the phone number was not correct. So I have gone back to using Textra on my Mi10 which in my view is the best sms app available
2020-09-08 15:41:23
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 | from app

strange I have no issue on my 9tpro, tho my wife did have some issue with texting my son, we found an extra setting on the sender like say if it was iPhone for instance it had to say by selecting the menu in the message of the sender the 3dots menu it gives you an option can't quite recall the setting didn't sleep much last night haha but give it a try
2020-09-08 16:17:02

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 | from app

fearydragon32 has a mi note 10 lite
2020-09-08 16:17:42

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe Author | from app

N30MVR44
strange I have no issue on my 9tpro, tho my wife did have some issue with texting my son, we found an extra setting on the sender like say if it was iPhone for instance it had to say by selecting the menu in the message of the sender the 3dots menu it gives you an option can't quite recall the setting didn't sleep much last night haha but give it a try

I don't quite understand that reply but I used it when it first came out and it was hit and miss and the reviews on the play store are poor. I will stick with Textra which is an excellent app
2020-09-08 16:22:14

Admin

Torlyn |

spaceprobe replied at 2020-09-08 09:22:14
I don't quite understand that reply but I used it when it first came out and it was hit and miss and the reviews on the play store are poor. I will stick with Textra which is an excellent app

I tend not to use SMS much, but wasn't that sold with the google app when I tried it, have to say. But  then I tend to use an aggregator for that, contacts, and dialer, and quite happy with it.
2020-09-08 16:26:45

Pro Bunny

Torlyn
I tend not to use SMS much, but wasn't that sold with the google app when I tried it, have to say. But  then I tend to use an aggregator for that, contacts, and dialer, and quite happy with it.

yes I try to use telegram for all my messaging but when you do need SMS it's nice to have an app that works
2020-09-08 16:28:59

Admin

Torlyn |

spaceprobe replied at 2020-09-08 09:28:59
yes I try to use telegram for all my messaging but when you do need SMS it's nice to have an app that works

Pure speculation on my part, but isn't the issue with SMS due to Google trying to champion RCS on the top of it?
2020-09-08 16:39:00

Pro Bunny

Torlyn
Pure speculation on my part, but isn't the issue with SMS due to Google trying to champion RCS on the top of it?

I think you are correct in fact I read an article where they advised not to use Google messages because if these and privacy issues
2020-09-08 17:01:58

Admin

Torlyn |

spaceprobe replied at 2020-09-08 10:01:58
I think you are correct in fact I read an article where they advised not to use Google messages because if these and privacy issues

SMS are about as secure as a cabbage leaf lockbox anyway :P
2020-09-08 17:34:59

Pro Bunny

Torlyn
SMS are about as secure as a cabbage leaf lockbox anyway :P

yep that's why I recommend Telegram
2020-09-08 18:05:24

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 | from app

what I meant to say was you click on the message that didn't send in the message there are 3xdots menu, in that men for some reason when sending to an iPhone is different than an android! this is due the fact Google use the WiFi instead of SMS in most cases IF both users have it activated! if the other user has android and for privacy worries turns off WiFi features you can't send them SMS therefore need the iPhone setting and it works, hopefully now my meds have worn off a bit you can understand me
2020-09-08 23:49:06