In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Q&A] Will get Note 9 (mediatek) android 11?

2020-09-04 02:23:49
209 4
I am thinking of getting mediatek model but by my experience from past (5 years ago) with mediatek phones, I am scared of purchasing mediatek phones... These in past were forbidden, no android upgrades (at least 1 major android upgrade) and manufacter wanted to get rid of it.
2020-09-04 02:23:49
Favorites RateRate
It is a new device, so yes, it is eligible to get Android 11. But note that Android 11 isn't available yet, so we need to wait to get some information regarding that. Also, if you are skeptical about it, go with Note 9S or 9 Pro. There are few bugs in the regular Note 9 that still needs to be addressed by the devs, specifically performance issues due to the MediaTek chipset. You could find many threads about that in this subforum.

Cheers! :-)
2020-09-04 08:53:17
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series

Advanced Bunny

Ikram45 | from app

happybuddhist
It is a new device, so yes, it is eligible to get Android 11. But note that Android 11 isn't available yet, so we need to wait to get some information regarding that. Also, if you are skeptical about it, go with Note 9S or 9 Pro. There are few bugs in the regular Note 9 that still needs to be addressed by the devs, specifically performance issues due to the MediaTek chipset. You could find many threads about that in this subforum.

Props for the honest advice brother and keep up the good work you're the only active mod I'm seeing and yes, there are performance issues right now like happybuddhist said. the forums are filled right now with people unhappy about the unoptimization and lag in games which should be fixed soon hopefully in a software update otherwise the g85 is quite a capable chipset if it gets optimised. and yes we'll most probably get android 11
2020-09-04 09:12:56

Master Bunny

emgi2 Author | from mobile

happybuddhist

Okay, thank you very much for advice.
2020-09-04 13:08:11

Advanced Bunny

#k | from app

go with 9s or pro .
2020-09-10 02:36:37