In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Q & A] will xiaomi ever make a budget tablet?

2020-09-01 19:16:36

206 11

Admin

Torlyn | from app

From what I can see, android tablets are a dead category, unless you look at cheap versions only used for media usage. The ones that are in the higher spec brackets are windows one, more convertible pc than tablet, and are expensive for a reason, as the components are the ones you'd get in a medium to high range laptop. And as laptops already have notoriously low margins, hard to cut that down further (especially since the graphic artists are more likely to get a laptop/desktop with a high grade graphics card, something you can't cram in a tablet , and use a wacom second screen with them, as it's simply more productive)
2020-09-01 20:03:05
Reply Report

Admin

Torlyn |

RandomTask replied at 2020-09-02 10:35:28
Mi already have a drawing tablet if it's for anime, not sure if it's any good but looks it

Ah, you might have hit the spot on that, we all automatically assumed the author meant tablet as in slate computer, but it might indeed be as in accessory :)
2020-09-02 21:09:22
Reply Report

Admin

Torlyn |

RandomTask replied at 2020-09-02 14:23:10
why do replies keep coming up with "false:"?

Slight bug in the platform, I think coming from the rejigging of the notification system. Anyway, to go back to the point, tried using ''blind'' tablets, always has a massive disconnect from what was happening on the screen that I never really went past it (and did that a few times because new kit is shiny). But the first time I used a display tablet (ie, a second monitor with a pen input) I was utterly hooked :)
2020-09-02 23:28:10
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2020 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list