In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Q&A] How can I block user from connecting to my hotspot on my redmi 9?

2020-08-31 00:57:34
49 2
Whenever I turn on my hotspot different devices connect to it and I can't disconnect or block them
2020-08-31 00:57:34
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

CavendishPlex | from Redmi Note 9S

Go to settings - connection and sharing - portable hotspot - connected devices and you'll see a list of connected devices. Hold down the devices MAC addresses listed and select to block them accordingly.

Alternatively, under the portable hotspot submenu in settings, click on set up portable hotspot and change your SSID or password. They'll get kicked out immediately. Remember to click on the check mark ✔️ at the top right hand corner to store the changes made.
2020-08-31 04:44:28

Master Bunny

Perfectsolo | from Redmi Note 7

1. Change your hotspot password.
2. You can limit your hotspot connection to just one device. Once you connect, another person cannot connect even if he has the password.
3. Go to hotspot settings and block any device you didn't authorise.
2020-08-31 18:12:09