In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Q & A] So I'm going full Xiaomi and want to buy the mi band 5 in the UK

2020-08-14 12:15:07
158 7
So yes, you'd think it would be a simple answer, tell me where to buy it from and that's it. That's where I'm confused.

I keep getting conflicting opinions on what the mi band 5 is, and what the differences between the CN version and global version are, so I want to clarify why I want the mi band 5 over the mi band 4 and why I'm so confused.

So first off, I read an article somewhere that the mi fit band 5 is the mi smart band 4 outside of China, and that has be extremely confused, and that it is made by a different manufacturer or something like that. I do NOT want the mi band 4 by accident, because there are some very specific changes in the latest one that are useful for me with my physical disability. Now please don't get me wrong, I think the mi band 4 is amazing, it just isn't what I need at the moment. I had a mi fit band 2 and it done me well for so so long until I lost it at work a year or so ago, I didn't notice it had came out of the strap because it was so light until I got home :(.

With that said I do need to know the model I'm getting has the 24/7 heart rate and sleep monitoring, because I do sleep more than once a day, sometimes more than twice. Then there are the optional things but would be good, for example I heard that it had blood oxygen monitoring, this isn't only good for me, but for my step dad too, but if neither versions have it I just need to know, I'll still be buying one either way, whether it's the CN version or global. Then there's NFC, which I'm starting to use more, I've found that using nfc with my phone (Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro) even in just a simple thin silicone case doesn't register in any shop.

My final question regarding the product is will the watch connect 24/7 with no interruptions if I am using my mi true wireless earphones on and off?

With all of these out of the way.. can anyone point me to an exact link on where to buy the correct watch so I don't end up accidentally buying the previous model, and also consulting my questions about the right model for me (cn or global I mean)

I'm so sorry for such a lengthy question, I really hope someone can help with this

Thank you in advance :)
D
2020-08-14 12:15:07
Favorites1 RateRate

Techie Team

N30MVR44 | from app

goto our store that way you get the ci can't answer every question here but I will jump in, if you buy a band 5 you get GPS most of all so you can track your routes without phone, as your like and disabled you'll be needing your phone so thats no deal maker!they also make a newer mi 4 the 4C! which is cheaper and updated version of the 4 IMO better than 5 as 5 only gives you GPS, really plus sports modes phone unlock ect. blood oxygen is not available as get, also I can't fully say 100% if it's stays connected all the time during ram cache clearing but there is definitely a way to make it automatically reconnect if not just come back and ask while I haven't answered your questions I hope I've helped some you get to Xiaomi store on Google play 2 days transit DHL usually, if they don't have 4c in yet it's in the official store on AliExpress
2020-08-14 14:31:12

Advanced Bunny

Shortbread Head Author | from app

N30MVR44
goto our store that way you get the ci can't answer every question here but I will jump in, if you buy a band 5 you get GPS most of all so you can track your routes without phone, as your like and disabled you'll be needing your phone so thats no deal maker!they also make a newer mi 4 the 4C! which is cheaper and updated version of the 4 IMO better than 5 as 5 only gives you GPS, really plus sports modes phone unlock ect. blood oxygen is not available as get, also I can't fully say 100% if it's stays connected all the time during ram cache clearing but there is definitely a way to make it automatically reconnect if not just come back and ask while I haven't answered your questions I hope I've helped some you get to Xiaomi store on Google play 2 days transit DHL usually, if they don't have 4c in yet it's in the official store on AliExpress

you're really helpful thank you so much, but one thing, it's about the sleep monitoring, it's quite important to me, I need to monitor how often I fall asleep through the day, how well I sleep and when I get deep sleep, it's kind of important to me. I understand about the blood monitor and that's alright, I just had to check, but when you say 4c is that in the store because obviously when I've looked on Amazon nothing like that has come up, also I had heard there may be a "pro" version of the 5 coming out, so I wasn't sure if I should wait, you know? please if you can could you give me a link to the 5 I was asking about in the main store? also the 4c, I'd love to have a look at them, but like I said.. it's the sleep monitoring that's important to me
2020-08-14 14:45:43

Advanced Bunny

Shortbread Head Author | from app

wait, I am so sorry..  I did not know that me answering that would mark what you said as wrong, that was seriously not my intention, I just wanted to ask more questions about the watch to make sure I'm definitely getting the right one!! I sincerely apologise because I don't want it to ruin your rating, I said in my previous answer how helpful you were! can you get back to me somehow? I haven't used this app in a long time so I can't remember if there's a way you can personally contact me at all. Again, thank you man, I'm so sorry about this :(
2020-08-14 15:23:24

Techie Team

N30MVR44 | from app

the store is an app as far I'm aware, you can download the community app it's included in there also there's a store app on Google play store. the sedentary function is pretty good from the reviews I've read so far on the five, as for a pro version you'll need to wait until the 25th of this month for confirming that, aswith any new product, anyone with knowledge of dates and product release information is subsequently restricted to None Disclosure Agreements, I'm not associated with them so yes I still don't know as I don't have the information. the 4c is available as it's a new product for global release it may take a while to reach Amazon. And no worries I don't care about the rating ! I'm dyslexic so it's I'm always missing out words in my head and getting letters wrong but still I do my best
2020-08-14 15:45:37

Techie Team

N30MVR44 | from app

give me another 5 mins and I'll  sent you a PM
2020-08-14 16:12:08

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Shortbread Head
wait, I am so sorry..  I did not know that me answering that would mark what you said as wrong, that was seriously not my intention, I just wanted to ask more questions about the watch to make sure I'm definitely getting the right one!! I sincerely apologise because I don't want it to ruin your rating, I said in my previous answer how helpful you were! can you get back to me somehow? I haven't used this app in a long time so I can't remember if there's a way you can personally contact me at all. Again, thank you man, I'm so sorry about this :(

No worries, we don't rate our users. N30 is one of our star ones, so it's all good. I can't answer the question myself as don't use the sleep tracker at all, but you are in good hands :)
2020-08-14 17:41:40

Semi Pro Bunny

Fatbloke | from app

Got my CN version on Tuesday and I love it, bought from AliExpress £22 delivered, batteries amazing so far 3 full days only gone down to 88%.
2020-08-15 02:42:44