In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Q&A] Mi Box S - PS4 Controller (DS4 V1) Pairing Problem

2020-08-06 18:11:33
199 1
This is actually a bug report, but there is no Bug category in Other Devices forum.

PS4 Controller (DS4 V1) cannot be paired with Mi Box S after Android 9 update. Actually, this problem is still around after more than 6 months.

Here are the repro steps:

• Open Bluetooth pairing screen on Mi Box S.
  • Start scanning for available devices.
  • Press and hold PlayStation button and Share button on DS4 for 3 seconds. It will go into pairing mode and its lightbar begin to flash indicating it is in pairing mode.
  • Now, Mi Box S will show DS4 as "Wireless Controller" in available Bluetooth device list.
  • Select "Wireless Controller" in the list on Mi Box S.
  • It will say "Pairing".
  • (Here is the problem) It stays "Pairing" indefinitely and won't pair with DS4.

This particular DS4 V1 is working fine with PC and also another Android TV box.

There are a lot of discussion about this problem in other forums on the Internet with no success or progress, so I decided to bring it here in the hope of developers see it and provide a solution.

2020-08-06 18:11:33
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6307730965 | from app

I have the same, my controller is CUH-ZCT1E.  Somebody please help, i don't want to buy new controller
2020-08-06 19:29:24