In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Discussion] Very bad marketing...

2020-07-13 16:13:25
242 4
This's my reply for a thread but since it's speaks the truth I liked to post it here.

Xiaomi is known for it's budget phones and good prices, they entered the premium smart phone area so they can gather people attention toward the company and change the idea of what people think that Xiaomi is only a budget smartphones company and that's where the problem begans. Lack of software support towards the flagships when the budget smartphones are getting updated more frequently, more features and also security patches. The biggest disgrace I have ever seen was done by Xiaomi, the Mix 3 5G which as stated by them it's a "Flagship"... software support was dropped completely, it didn't get a single update since release, only one security patch update which is updated late to the update month. I own a Mix 3 and a MI 8, the Mix 3 battery is draining fast and we didn't get an update since MIUI11 update only a security patch and the MI 8 wifi suddenly stopped working completely and won't turn on. I tried everything from wiping data to flashing via tool and nothing worked, and when I contacted the support they sent me an email instructions on how to wipe data and I replied that I already did this so they replied back by saying we can't help you and for a repair you can go to a Xiaomi repair center where you originally bought the device from and the problem is I bought it online from Amazon Germany. Now how they want people to buy their flagships when in reality the support for them is near non existence compared to the budget and non existence to customer support? I was a Samsung guy and I liked Xiaomi devices and I think that they're beautiful especially the OS. I'm a very patient guy and I would give them a chance to fix this in future, if I didn't see any change or improvement before changing my devices I'm afraid that I will leave them for good.
2020-07-13 16:13:25
Favorites RateRate

Banned

envy17 | from Mi Note 10

hello, i agree the software support is bad and unfortunettly i don't think they will change any time soon because we are a consumer market to them.
the fixes will come eventually but as the struggle to make more models and more features problems are bound to happen.
it can happen everyware and the best example is samsung s20 ultra .... a 1400$ phone who at the release had a foulty camera with bad focus.
2020-07-13 18:42:42

Rookie Bunny

1576760335 Author | from mobile

hello, i agree the software support is bad and unfortunettly i don't think they will change any time soon because we are a consumer market to them.
the fixes will come eventually but as the struggle to make more models and more features problems are bound to happen.
it can happen everyware and the best example is samsung s20 ultra .... a 1400$ phone who at the release had a foulty camera with bad focus.

I'm okay with them releasing any number of models they want even if it's 50 models per year, but when you release a flagship you have to make it a priority. Imagine Samsung makes a huge update to M model before S model, wouldn't that make a rage? I had 4 Samsung devices non of them had a battery drain caused by software nor wifi problems, also if any bug is present it will be fixed in a short time. Even year old flagships get an update every 3 months and security patch every while. Xiaomi even played blind and deaf for the Mix 3 5G.I'm stuck with a draining battery phone and a non working wifi phone and the best part is the company won't help. That's really bad.
2020-07-13 19:04:34

Banned

envy17 | from Mi Note 10

yet it is sad and i am sorry for the experience you had with the phones. nobody like to have issues but it is how it is.
2020-07-13 19:07:03

Rookie Bunny

1576760335 Author | from mobile

envy17
yet it is sad and i am sorry for the experience you had with the phones. nobody like to have issues but it is how it is.

I appreciate it
2020-07-13 19:27:49