In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Band Series

[Tips] Path To Healthy Life - Mi Smart Band 5 Reloaded With PAI Health

2020-07-08 18:18:20
1776 39

Hei Mi Band users,

Mi Smart Band 5 is the latest wearable activity tracker offerings by Xiaomi. It was announced in China on 11 June 2020, and went on sale from 18 June 2020 in China which has already apparently sold out on that very day it came online. Mi band 5, comes with a larger display, more fitness activities, women’s health, and magnetic charging. This is the 5th generation of the Mi Bands and sports a larger display of 1.1-inch colored AMOLED screen, compared to 0.95-inch on Mi Band 4. It's more prominent display gives it more room for menus and features to be displayed.

In modern life, many people face sub-optimal health issues. The Mi Smart Band 5 has a built-in PAI Activity Index, which allows you to calculate the levels of your heart rate using a specific algorithm and can provide users with helpful information to aid in exercises and workouts.

Here the Frequently Asked Questions, that can help you to understand better:

What Is PAI?
PAI stands for Personal Activity Intelligence. PAI is a personal physiological activity indicator. Based on heart rate data, daily activity intensity, and multi-dimensional dynamic comprehensive evaluation of personal physiological data, it is converted into an intuitive PAI value using an algorithm to help you understand your physical condition without relying on single data . By maintaining a certain intensity of daily activities or workouts, you can obtain your PAI value. According to the HUNT Fitness Study research results, keeping your PAI value above 100 reduces the risk of death by cardiovascular disease and increases life expectancy. HUNT Fitness Study was a subproject of the HUNT study, and was led by Professor Ulrik Wisloff from the Medical School of Norwegian University of Science and Technology. The HUNT study lasted over 35 years and involved more than 230,000 participants.
Decades of research has proven that cardiorespiratory fitness is one of the leading predictors of health and longevity. Everyone knows that doing moderate exercise increases cardiopulmonary ability, but most people don't know the correct way, time and intensity of exercise they should use.
The purpose of Professor Ulrik Wisløff's research is to help people manage their own health status with an easy-to-understand activity tracking indicator – PAI. So you don't need to follow other complicated physical data indicators, PAI data is enough to help you keep fit.
PAI gives you a score based on the past 7 days of activity. Your ultimate goal should be to maintain 100 PAI or more. You earn PAI points by elevating your heart rate. Anything that gets your body moving and your heart pumping counts. The higher your heart rate and the longer your heart rate is elevated, the more PAI you earn, allowing you to get healthy in less time by increasing the intensity.

Why PAI is scientific?
PAI algorithm is developed by Professor Ulrik Wisløff, one of the world’s leading scientists in Exercise in Medicine. Researchers track and verify the science of PAI based on data collected from the HUNT study.
It's proven that when individuals consistently exercised at intensities equal to maintaining 100 PAI, it reduced the risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 25% and significantly reduced other lifestyle-related diseases. This also resulted in an increase in life expectancy by an average of 5 years.
While the exact formula is a secret, you can trust that the algorithm was created from analyzing 25 years of health data on 45,000 people. It has been scientifically validated and matches the American Heart Association's 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines.
PAI is meant to help improve your cardiorespiratory fitness that is your heart’s health. Maintaining 100 PAI or more will reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, but even reaching just 50 PAI still gives you approximately 60% of the health protection benefits.

What is PAI and how does it work?

How is PAI calculated?
Your PAI score is based on your age, **, resting heart rate, and past 7 days of heart rate data, so it’s personalized for your body. You earn PAI points by elevating your heart rate, so the more intense your workout i.e. the higher your heart rate, the faster you'll earn PAI points. Anything that gets your body moving and your heart pumping counts, not just exercise and steps.
Each day any points earned 7 days ago will expire and your PAI score will be recalculated. You will need to earn PAI regularly in order to maintain your PAI score. If you know you can't exercise on some days, you can "bank" your PAI points by exercising harder on the days that suit you, so you can still hit your goal in a 7-day period.
As your PAI score increases, it will become more difficult to earn points. The same workout will earn you fewer points if you start with a higher PAI score. As you get healthier and your resting heart rate decreases, PAI becomes harder to earn.

Why should I calculate PAI for 7 days?
Most workout plans are encouraging you to exercise every day, but plans without rest days will make you lose motivation soon.
PAI knows you're busy and lets you decide when to exercise, giving you a full 7 days to reach the goal of 100 PAI.
PAI doesn't care when you exercise, as long as you reach the goal in 7 days. You don't need to exercise every day to maintain a healthy heart. You can exercise at any time during the 7 days. It won't affect the calculation of PAI, and you can also achieve the effect of improving cardiorespiratory fitness.

Why is my today's PAI lower than yesterday's?
Each morning any points accrued 7 days ago will expire, so you may see your score reduce on some days.
It also encourages you to be mindful of when you need to get moving.
What kind of workout can allow me to earn and keep 100 PAI?
You can get PAI by doing any workouts that increase your heart rate in a period of time. Activities like running and cycling are usually the simplest way to get PAI. Generally, running, jumping and doing other activities for a few minutes can get you PAI.
Daily tasks like working, playing with the kids, going up and down the stairs, or doing laundry can earn you PAI, too. Those may not earn you as many PAI points as the activities described above, but they all count toward your 7-day PAI score.

Do I need to exercise every day?
Some people may ask, "Do I need to exercise every day to keep fit?", "I will be on a business trip next week. If I can't exercise for 2 days, will it affect my health?"
No problem. You don't need to exercise every day.
Daily goals can be demotivating as life gets busy, and everyone needs a rest day every now and then. You don't have to exercise every day, you can exercise on two separate days each week to maintain a PAI score of 100 or more.

How many PAI points can I get?
You can get up to 75 PAI per day, theoretically you can get up to 525 PAI in 7 days. But it is almost impossible. As your PAI score increases, it will also become slightly more difficult to earn PAI points.
PAI research proves that after you increase the amount of exercise to a certain extent, it won't improve your cardiopulmonary health obviously. So the most economical way to improve cardiopulmonary health is to keep PAI as 100 or more.

Why can I only earn a maximum of 75 PAI in a single day?
Experts recommend that people should exercise at least twice a week to keep fit. So earning a maximum 75 PAI per day can encourage you to have workouts twice a week.
It's not advisable to encourage people to push themselves too hard in a single day, because the damage from excessive exercise will be much more than the benefits.
Remember your PAI score is calculated over 7 days, so you can earn 100 PAI at your own pace.

Why is earning PAI more difficult now than when I started?
As your PAI score increases, it will become more difficult to earn points. The same workout will earn you fewer points if you start with a higher PAI score.
Meanwhile, the difficulty of earning PAI points will also change dynamically with your cardiopulmonary ability and fitness level. As you get healthier and your resting heart rate decreases, PAI becomes harder to earn.

Why are the PAI scores different when somebody else and I ran the same distance?
Your PAI score is based on your age, **, resting heart rate, and past 7 days of heart rate data, so it’s personalized for your body. So it's not necessary to be the same as others'.

Using PAI Health - Mi Smart Band 5
  • Launch Mi Fit app, tap the summary of PAI on the Workout page.
  • It will display the suggestion of PAI points you need to earn to reach your goal and the recommendation, like running for a certain amount of time and to maintain your heart rate to the required BPM level.

PAI motivates you to move with meaning with a simple goal that is personalized to each user's experience. It tracks all of your activity based on your heart rate data and translates it into an easy-to-understand score giving you the health effects of your exercise. Easy way to see if you’re doing enough exercise to stay healthy.

• To get started, refer to the above FAQs to grasp the one-stop activity goals.

Success Stories:

Samantha's Success story

Do You Find It Helpful?

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-07-08 18:18:20
Favorites12 RateRate

News Reporter

Paddyman | from app

thanks
2020-07-08 18:20:28
I am a good friend!

Grand Master Bunny

1860bodo | from Mi 9T Pro

thanks for sharing
2020-07-08 20:35:33

Mi Rédacteur

Mi-FE | from app

thanks for sharing
2020-07-09 00:05:28

Master Bunny

arawak8 | from app

Thanks for sharing
2020-07-09 01:49:43

Master Bunny

m@soud | from Redmi Note 5

Thanks for sharing
2020-07-09 03:47:31

App Review Team

endingfate | from app

Thanks for sharing this information with us.
2020-07-09 09:43:37
Regards,
Noor M Palash
App Review Team
Mi Community Bangladesh

Pro Bunny

ÀRÍNADÉ | from Redmi Note 8

thanks
2020-07-09 15:18:35

Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 6

Thank you for sharing.