In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Discussion] Has anyone in the UK bought the Mi Watch?

2020-07-03 07:38:01
137 5
I know the Global Version was rumoured earlier in the year but I haven't heard anything since COVID-19. I love the look of the watch but just wondering if it's worth buying the China Version for use in the UK. Can I change most of the UI to English? Would the SIM work? Would NFC be functional? Any help would be appreciated. I think its the only Android watch that comes close to Apple Watch in design.
2020-07-03 07:38:01
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

have a look at the amazfit bib that I have
2020-07-03 17:25:03

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 | from app

it can be used in the UK as it has UK language on but a few of its main features are locked to China like NFC chip, but it will function mostly, I've been waiting and hoping for 2nd version with global support especially now most new watches come with ECG temp and blood pressure and or blood oxygen sensor like the honor 2 can't say for sure the SIM would work tho as it's IMEI is locked to China I've read in article so it would be Bluetooth only I believe tho I may be wrong, there also could be a custom ROM for it but again I'm unsure hope that helps
2020-07-03 18:57:54

Rookie Bunny

George94Holland Author | from app

spaceprobe
have a look at the amazfit bib that I have

really like the look of it! only thing swaying me to Mi Watch is being able to go on runs without needing to take my phone for music/emergencies
2020-07-03 19:17:58

Rookie Bunny

George94Holland Author | from app

N30MVR44
it can be used in the UK as it has UK language on but a few of its main features are locked to China like NFC chip, but it will function mostly, I've been waiting and hoping for 2nd version with global support especially now most new watches come with ECG temp and blood pressure and or blood oxygen sensor like the honor 2 can't say for sure the SIM would work tho as it's IMEI is locked to China I've read in article so it would be Bluetooth only I believe tho I may be wrong, there also could be a custom ROM for it but again I'm unsure hope that helps

thanks mate! appreciate the info, think I'll hold off for a short while in case they announce a global one. If not, Amazfit bip it is!
2020-07-03 19:19:05

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 | from app

yeah the amazfit is awesome, even the Xiaomi backed tic watch is quite nice too tho we are getting in to q3 ready for q4 so who knows what nice new gadge they have coming
2020-07-04 02:39:30