In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Devices

[Q&A] why Redmi 5 Plus/Note 5/Vince was abandoned?

2020-06-23 10:51:58
741 16
we've all seen the list of devices supported for the MIUI 12 and there is no mention of Vince anywhere , and looking back to the most recent update , we find that the latest update is based on 8.1 , dated in november 2019 , since then our devices didn't get any update , security update or anything from the miui team ,while the slightly better twin of this device whyred is getting MIUI 12 with ANDROID 10 and continuesly getting care and support , we the vince community are frustrated and feeling excluded , and this feeling is justified because the device is still just 2 years old , it is still a young device to be left in dust like that , if it wasn't for great developers who still to this date making great efforts to provide custom roms (which without them , this device would be just a box of electronic components) we would be forgotten , even witth months of built up frustration , I ask the devs kindly to provide us with miui 12 as the last update and send us OTA for security updates , the device is two generations behind now , we wish to add to us one drop of kindness , our devices are officially vurnarable , with everyday we here about a new malware or virus , but we have no other option
2020-06-23 10:51:58
Favorites1 RateRate
Hello,

There won't be MIUI 12 for Vince. I don't have an answer for "Why".
2020-06-23 12:09:26

Pro Bunny

Ioannis Andreadis | from Redmi Note 4

Try custom rom bro.
2020-06-23 12:39:36

Semi Pro Bunny

Silly_Ricky | from Redmi 7

Muz_paray
Hello,

There won't be MIUI 12 for Vince. I don't have an answer for "Why".

Personally i don't mind not getting the latest miui, i understand. But, we received only one miui 11 build and the device has obvious performance issues. I have a Redmi 7 with 3gb ram and it smokes out my Redmi 5 plus with 4gb ram in ram management. Also there is touch delay when opening apps and also there is lag in full screen mode with gestures. We deserve at least one final update to resolve these issues. Factory reset or flashing via mi flash won't help, because the rom has these problems no matter what. It's just one update so we can use our devices normally, that's all many of us asking. I hope developers listen to us. Thanks.
2020-06-23 13:03:12
Silly_Ricky replied at 2020-06-23 05:03:12
Personally i don't mind not getting the latest miui, i understand. But, we received only one miui 11 build and the device has obvious performance issues. I have a Redmi 7 with 3gb ram and it smokes out my Redmi 5 plus with 4gb ram in ram management. Also there is touch delay when opening apps and also there is lag in full screen mode with gestures. We deserve at least one final update to resolve these issues. Factory reset or flashing via mi flash won't help, because the rom has these problems no matter what. It's just one update so we can use our devices normally, that's all many of us asking. I hope developers listen to us. Thanks.

I agree , even if we're excluded from miui 12 , at least they should fix the problems with the not-so-stable official latest miui 11 and provide us with security updates , it's a shame and frustration to see weaker phones getting more care than vince
2020-06-24 08:35:47

Semi Pro Bunny

afa mobius Author | from Redmi 5 Plus

they even deleted my thread when I asked about if vince will receive another update , smh
2020-06-24 23:43:14

Semi Pro Bunny

Yeah, it seems the device is no longer supported. Saddest thing of all is that we are left to deal with bad software too.
2020-06-25 23:33:05

Semi Pro Bunny

Ultimate phone user | from Redmi 5 Plus

Don't worry, custom rom can help you.
2020-06-26 09:49:54

Semi Pro Bunny

Ultimate phone user
Don't worry, custom rom can help you.

I've tried many custom roms but they all have one common issue: Battery drain. Can you recommend a custom rom with equal battery life to Miui?
2020-06-26 12:39:00

Semi Pro Bunny

Ultimate phone user | from Redmi 5 Plus

Silly_Ricky
I've tried many custom roms but they all have one common issue: Battery drain. Can you recommend a custom rom with equal battery life to Miui?

pixel experience
2020-06-27 10:50:35
I have already try costum rom fof Vince with MIUI 12. Its a great rom of MIUI 12. But i am sure you already know that costum rom always have a BUG. Iam falling in love with MIUI 12 and back again to MIUI 11. Love but sad.
2020-07-12 18:33:55