In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Other] Redmi note 9s global cannot detect galileo gps or dual gps

2020-06-05 22:07:39

5,793 81
The good thing is that as long as it is not fixed it can be reported as incorrectly advertised and you can exchange the phone at any dealer at any time. In the current state there are some bugs that can be seen as incorrectly advertised. Simply for the reason that these bugs have been known for weeks/months and are not fixed properly or not fixed at all.
2020-06-08 03:27:13
Reply Report

ID: 505904019

Did the GPS signal Test right now again with an colleague right next to me. His Samsung had a Galileo signal, but not me. Uploaded the Report File and a Screenshot with the Feedback App
2020-06-08 15:51:09
Reply Report
just updated to 11.0.9.0. Still no Galileo -.-
2020-06-22 21:44:28
Reply Report
happybuddhist replied at 2020-06-08 10:26:40
Thank you for your quick feedback. Will report this to the team.

Cheers! :-)

Do you have any information regarding the answer "zoko" got from the support? Xiaomi has done and is doing misleading advertising if this is true. I just confirmed it on the german Page. Galileo is mentioned in the technical data. Which means in germany it has to be there by law and not maybe as optional feature!

2020-06-29 16:29:32
Reply Report
happybuddhist replied at 2020-06-29 12:57:16
I am flabbergasted. I had to double check the specs since I read that comment, and it does say that it supports Galileo. I am not sure what the support team has said. I don't live in EU, so I don't personally use these services. I had reported this issue with this very own thread as an example. There are a couple of Report IDs in this thread itself and they are reported already. I am astonished to know what the support team said. I'll need to check with the team again on this one.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Thanks for the quick answer and your hard work. Please keep us informed if you hear anything. This message from support is more than questionable.
2020-06-29 19:01:37
Reply Report
happybuddhist replied at 2020-07-29 01:41:29
Comment #33 is totally new to me. So they just removed Galileo from the website specs. Not a solution if you ask me. Let me check with the team.

It's gone on the german page, too. This ist realy a bad joke or again a bad "fix" for a bug like the WiFi Workaround.

It sounds like:
DEV A: "can we fix the Galileo?"
DEV B: "no."
DEV A: "what should we do now?"
DEV B: "I have no idea."
DEV C: "I have the solution. Let us delet the funktion on the produc page"

All DEVs: "That's a greate idea. Noone will miss it!"

Again THIS is false advertiseing. If something like this is reported to the consumer protection agency in Germany, it can even lead to the complete withdrawal of the device from the market.
2020-07-29 14:40:55
Reply Report
This is so laughable. On the indian page the 9 Pro (Global 9S) has still Galileo. The devices have an identical hardware and the same android device name. So the only difference is the ROM! Nothing more!

https://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-9-pro/specs/
2020-08-05 16:50:30
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

Naroyas | from Redmi Note 9S

like this it will be my first and my last Xiaomi device. It's not acceptable that the company thinks it's okay to lie to the costumers without any compensation. I feel sorry for the Moderators that they have to give us such answers. The developers and the marketing department can hide themselves behind them and do not have to face the frustration of the costumers
2020-08-05 22:45:10
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

Naroyas | from Redmi Note 9S

On the german product Page for the Redmi Note 9 Pro, Galileo is still "supported".
https://mobile.mi.com/de/redmi-note-9-pro/

they forgot to delete it on the Mobil pages. The 9S is Mobil also with Galileo.
2020-08-06 13:20:11
Reply Report
I have also sheared this in a large german Xiaomi group (over 7k Members) let us see how they will react and if we can organize someting.
2020-08-06 21:38:21
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2020 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list