In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[Discussion] Xiaomi's big problem. Is there any hope they will fix it?

2020-05-09 08:54:25
196 6
According to Forbes, backdoor has been detected on Redmi note 8. They already has been blamed what they have done in the past that they didn't fix the backdoor problem completely. Well I was a mi fan cuz they eventually did fix the backdoor problem completely. But it turns out it has not been fixed. I really hope Xiaomi fix this quickly, but I rather not trust them anymore. They already said did fix backdoor but they're just lieing like a kid. I don't want my info going to china anymore. I will trash my Redmi note 7 as soon as possible.(Or just use this for this mi forum?) Anyway what do you guys think about this? Leave your thoughts below.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2020/04/30/exclusive-warning-over-chinese-mobile-giant-xiaomi-recording-millions-of-peoples-private-web-and-phone-use/#71ba9a81b2a7
2020-05-09 08:54:25
Favorites2 RateRate

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

Thanks for sharing your invaluable as well as interesting mind, mate. Data leaks are a scary thing, however, we all know who is the biggest bruiser on the school yard. Therefore a simple question: why do you mind about a Chinese company seeing your browser data?
2020-05-09 14:37:33

Master Bunny

RockinBandit | from Mi 9 SE

As I said to a friend here. I would rather the Chinese had my information as they won't be sharing it with my government.
2020-05-09 15:39:03

Master Bunny

RockinBandit
As I said to a friend here. I would rather the Chinese had my information as they won't be sharing it with my government.

SPOT ON with that 👍
2020-05-09 17:59:20

Rookie Bunny

Kyle Yang Author | from Redmi Note 7

klappasaki
Thanks for sharing your invaluable as well as interesting mind, mate. Data leaks are a scary thing, however, we all know who is the biggest bruiser on the school yard. Therefore a simple question: why do you mind about a Chinese company seeing your browser data?

They can see whatever we are doing with our phones. not even browser... I just want my privacy. And actually I handle kind of umm.... a secret documents with my phone and that really matters for me.(I can't tell you more than this. Sorry;)
2020-05-10 14:09:54

Master Bunny

Kyle Yang
They can see whatever we are doing with our phones. not even browser... I just want my privacy. And actually I handle kind of umm.... a secret documents with my phone and that really matters for me.(I can't tell you more than this. Sorry;)

Yes, you're very right about our privacy protection. However, there IS no privacy on ANY mobile phone (nor any PC connected to the www, therefore), ESPECIALLY on an Android (which was developed by Croocle, nuff said) device. That is just the really sad fact, mate. Some say, iCrap should be a bit safer than Android. Then the bitten fruit brand is caugth selling user's data for a pretty handsome penny to Croocle. Hence, if it's sensitive, it should NOT be on any digital device. The only difference might be: your/our data on an western world server is on sale, first come first served base. The Chinese keep the data rather for themselves. Again, this is (not) only my personal opinion, mate...
2020-05-10 14:26:47
2020-05-10 15:50:01

Ex-SMod , PM to current mods for any issues
READ :
General SF Rules | Global Fans SF Rules