In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

Return to list New

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56

29,336 155
happybuddhist replied at 2020-05-11 12:53:14
I see that you have given enough information regarding the bug in that thread. More feedback = more priority for debugging. So that's why I had asked users to send bug reports straight to the devs. Hopefully we'll get some update from the devs through the Feedback Mods.

Cheers! :-)

Okay. Now I get it.  I also quickly collected all Report ID's from the different threads here on this topic and posted them in a list there. I hope this helps the Feedback Mods to summarise the information they need.

Rate

Number of participants 1Experience +3 Collapse Reason
happybuddhist + 3 Useful!

View Rating Log

2020-05-11 19:15:18
Reply Report

Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

The easiest way to solve the bug would be to remove all the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations" we can't see or influence form the ROM and let Android itself handle the WiFi management. Custom ROM devs have no problem with the WiFi if they remove the MIUI in their ROM. And the Custom ROM devs that are modding the MIUI have the same WIFI Bug.
2020-05-15 16:35:05
Reply Report

409084696 replied at 2020-05-15 13:30:46
Anyone tried to remove all the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations"?
How can I remove the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations"?

We as normal users can't remove the specific MIUI WiFi Optimistations that where made by Xiaomi. We can only disable some of them over the UI, but there are several tweaks in the background without access over the UI.

Custom ROMs like "Evolution X" removing the MIUI and have zero WiFi problems. On the other side you have the Xiaomi.eu ROM with MIUI and they hafe the same problems with the WiFi.

Xiaomi has tweaked to much in the background. Sometimes is the default Android management better the option.
2020-05-15 20:17:12
Reply Report
Can also say for now that the bug seems to be fixed. But it is still not quite "clean" done. The Router still kicks the Note from the network, but it then logs itself back on to the network after a few seconds.
2020-05-19 02:09:45
Reply Report
6321194571 replied at 2020-05-19 14:50:32
Hey Guys, update your phones, there is a new update and it worked!!

It works now for me too, but the update is just a band-aid and the bug is still under the surface. The Router still kicks the Note from the network, but it then logs itself back on to the network after a few seconds. This is not a normal behaviour of a phone in a network.
2020-05-19 21:25:35
Reply Report
6326029577 replied at 2020-05-19 15:50:57
I've never had any issues so far since I bought the phone, but I must say that I've spent hours going through all the settings for the best configuration that fits for me.
I don't want to sound obvious but I think nobody mentioned that by default the system tryies to optimize the battery consuption by putting some restrictions on the background data for all the apps.
So for example I removed this limit on whatsapp by going in: phone settings - battery & performance - settings - app battery saver - whatsapp - "no restrictions".

Trust me. We all have tryed all the different optimization options that are accessible over the UI. Befor the version 11.0.8.0 it had no impact on the bug.
2020-05-20 02:18:41
Reply Report
6321194571 replied at 2020-05-19 16:46:21
How could you figure out that? by log, if yes which log
Thanks

Yes, by the system logs of my router. With same SSID for 2,4 and 5Ghz the 5Ghz on the Note switches off after about 15min in standby. Then the router kicks the Note again from the network, but it then logs itself back on in 2.4Ghz. The connection to the 2,4Ghz also it not stable over time in standby. The router kicks the Note in irregular intervals from the 2,4Ghz network, but it reconnects within 30 seconds. If you use it again actively it logs in again at 5Ghz. Probably this is a kind of "energy saving function", but not quite clean done for a fix.

For example: My Nintendo Switch logs in to WiFi once every hour in standby and after 5-10 minutes the switch will also disconnect from the router. It is not the router that disconnects the switch. The switch logs off properly from the router and an Android device normally only reconnects every few hours to renew the IP. Not every few minutes.

That's why I'm saying it's not exactly fixed clean and proper.
2020-05-20 02:32:58
Reply Report
BO$$ replied at 2020-05-20 11:24:44
change your wifi chanal.

and what wifi chanal should we chose? Which for 2.4Ghz and which for 5Ghz?
2020-05-20 17:49:53
Reply Report

I have the update 11.0.8.0. It works now for me too, but the update is just a band-aid and the bug is still under the surface. The Router still kicks the Note from the network, but it then logs itself back on to the network after a few seconds. This is not a normal behaviour of a phone in a network.

It "seams" to be a Fix, but it's not "the" Fix. Look at the log of your router. You will see that the Note still gets disconnectet, but now reconnects itself. An Android device normally only reconnects every few hours to renew the IP. Not every few minutes and should not have a problem with some WiFi chanals.

If you have no specific WiFi chanal where you can say "it works" then it's still a bug and some people have even with this update still WiFi problems because it's not clean done.

2020-05-20 18:12:01
Reply Report

1589280078 replied at 2020-05-23 11:59:18
I have the update too. But i noticed that i get mobile network drops now. I completly lose the signal for few seconds every now and there. Wifi is more or less working but i think the issue has not been completly fixed as i lose the wifi too sometimes... using linksys ea8500 router

This has happened to me sporadically in the last few days, too.

This is what happens when you don't fix a bug properly. There are side effects. It's like putting a band-aid on an open wound. Underneath it itches and gets infected.
2020-05-23 19:23:36
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list