In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

Return to list New

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56

30,852 155
happybuddhist replied at 2020-05-03 02:50:49
Excellent. Thank you for the heads-up. Hope this would be useful for the team.

Another clue was found by a user in a German forum. He has disabled IPv6 routing in his router and has no more problems. However, not every device/Internet provider is able to do this and therefore it is only a partial workaround. But it might be another piece of the puzzle
2020-05-04 19:44:29
Reply Report
now the first YouTube Reviewer in germany points to the Bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETDQYxQ7gpM

What I also noticed today on the train with the open hotspot there, is that the mobile phone did not notice when it no longer had Internet access via the hotspot. There was no message that WiFi no longer has an internet connection. It really does not check if a WiFi connection still has internet access
2020-05-05 06:04:27
Reply Report
KIIIMO replied at 2020-05-05 08:06:36
I am going to try it see where can I find this option in my router setup page. thanks a lot

I also tried it yesterday, but unfortunately I cannot completely disable IPv6 in my router without making my Internet connection unstable.
You may find it hard to believe, but I have an internet provider here in Germany that is up to date with the latest internet technology XD
2020-05-05 14:31:45
Reply Report

Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

KIIIMO replied at 2020-05-05 08:36:11
oh ok so I shouldn't disbale it then ?
I fully understand you I am in germany too .

You just have to try it. I have a local provider who has already upgraded more or less everything with fiber and IPv6 and as soon as I disable the IPv6 support in the FritzBox my ping goes through the roof.

IPv6 is prioritized and the IPv4 only is converted to IPv6 via a tunnel. Therefore then the high ping with disabled IPv6 support in the FritzBox.
2020-05-05 15:00:46
Reply Report
Another observation I made today in my home office is that when I have an active upstream, the bug is not triggered. I streamed hours of music over Poweramp (Local saved music over the network. No stream from the internet) to my Google Home Mini and had no interruptions.
2020-05-05 20:33:35
Reply Report
djflaco908 replied at 2020-05-09 03:03:32
I have this happened to me. there's no need for concerns. I guess it battery saver feature I guess. but it reconnects  20 secs after awaken the phone.

no need for concerns? If the phone would not be completely offline in standby, I would agree with you, but in the current state you can't use it if you depend on email notifications or other online services for your daily work.
2020-05-09 15:55:19
Reply Report
djflaco908 replied at 2020-05-09 15:13:57
get that part. but I haven't had that problem since 4lte will be active after wifi is offline due to sleep state. I see as normal. only thing I didn't see was the policy to keep wifi on while on sleep mode. maybe it's in developer mode.

but there we have the bug. For the Note the WiFi ist not disconnected, so it does not switch to mobile data and is completly offline. It still thinks that it's connected to the router, but can't send any reqests via the upload.
The Note 9S does not even notice that the internet connection of a WiFi network is down. I tested it with my router. Dialed into Wi-Fi. Disconnected the Internet on the router and there was no message that the Note wants to switch to the mobile data because the WiFi connection has no Internet access anymore. This should be the default behaviour of an Android system when this happens, but the Note does nothing in this case. An old OnePlus2 and a Nokia 8 do switch in Standby or are asking like every other Android phones.
2020-05-09 23:26:18
Reply Report
have you read the last six pages? The people here have already tried just about everything with their routers. I even tried to disable the IPv6 support on my router, but then I don't have a stable internet connection anymore with my router.

The Bug was even confirmed by the Mod "happybuddhist". Post #54 in this Thread! It's the software of the phone!
2020-05-10 05:50:40
Reply Report
Unfortunately it is not very helpful if you suggest things that have already been tried before.

The problem exists worldwide and is very widespread in Europe. Open your eyes and read the different reports. It mainly affects newer routers or routers that have a high network/security standard. There are no special vendors using their own protocols, only what is the current standard and with this current standard MIUI has a problem with the Note.

And if you don't get through what we have already tried here, then don't be surprised if someone here tells you that everything has already been tried and is of no use on the router side.
The problem exists and be glad you are not affected.

Rate

Number of participants 1Experience +1 Collapse Reason
zoko + 1

View Rating Log

2020-05-10 17:15:26
Reply Report
happybuddhist replied at 2020-05-08 10:03:15
Yes. It is an issue with the MIUI ROM for this device. Hopefully we'll have luck with the next update. :-)

do you know why your Mod colleague "adewisman" is asking for information in the "Feedback" forum that should already be known?

https://c.mi.com/thread-3062635-1-0.html

It's a little confusing because it looks like the Mod from the "Feedback" forum doesn't know about the bug.
2020-05-11 18:36:27
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list