In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56

30,817 155

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Naroyas
I may have found another good hint.

I've been asking some of the custom ROM developers here and there about the problem. Those who do not develop their ROM based on MIUI have no problems at all. Others who modify MIUI have the same problem with WiFi. The cause seems to be the management of Android by the current MIUI version.

Yes. It is an issue with the MIUI ROM for this device. Hopefully we'll have luck with the next update. :-)
2020-05-08 16:03:15
Reply Report
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series
Hi there!

Can someone submit a detailed bug report and share the report ID here? It seems the bug fix in this update hasn't solved for most of the users. Kindly shared the bug report so that I can push this issue to the relevant team.

Thanks! :-)
2020-05-01 10:40:42
Reply Report

Report ID: 505564639
It is a German report, so I'll just put it in a nutshell.

Thanks for the extensive report. I have got a few user reports already and I've sent them to relevant team for checking. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.
2020-05-01 18:41:13
Reply Report

Naroyas
I have found something very interesting in my attempts today to find the problem. If the error occurs then the upload is not really broken. I can still see all other networks and can instandly reconnect me to any other network without restarting the WiFi of the phone.
Together with the facts that when you open an unencrypted guest WiFi with the same router, the bug does not appear and in some casec you can skip the bug with an repeater also I have no problem with the WPA2-PSK (AES) encrypted WiFi in my Office, there could be a trigger for the bug.
This leads me to the conclusion that the reason lies in the type of encryption. The encryption for the newer FritzBox devices is WPA2-PSK (CCMP) which is an advanced Version of WPA2-PSK (AES) and you can't change it in this devices. All the other devices, that I have found, where the bug does not appear have the WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption.

Excellent. Thank you for the heads-up. Hope this would be useful for the team.
2020-05-03 08:50:49
Reply Report
Naroyas replied at 2020-05-04 17:14:29
Another clue was found by a user in a German forum. He has disabled IPv6 routing in his router and has no more problems. However, not every device/Internet provider is able to do this and therefore it is only a partial workaround. But it might be another piece of the puzzle

Thank you mate! I have already attached this thread as a reference to the relevant team. Hopefully this will be useful for them.

Cheers! :-)
2020-05-04 19:46:15
Reply Report
Naroyas replied at 2020-05-11 16:06:27
do you know why your Mod colleague "adewisman" is asking for information in the "Feedback" forum that should already be known?

https://c.mi.com/thread-3062635-1-0.html

Well, not necessarily. Feedback Mods deal with those bugs reported in the Feedback subforum and there's no priority about who gets to check a specific bug. Devs will "know" about the bugs and the Feedback Mods will only get to know about it once the devs give an update about debugging. They act as a bridge between user and devs. But I have personally contacted our fellow Mod 'Otto Pangemanan' regarding this so he should be dealing with it. Perhaps 'adewisman' doesn't own this device also and wasn't aware of this bug, so that could be the reason. I'll contact him and give an update regarding this.

2020-05-11 18:50:16
Reply Report
Naroyas replied at 2020-05-11 16:06:27
do you know why your Mod colleague "adewisman" is asking for information in the "Feedback" forum that should already be known?

https://c.mi.com/thread-3062635-1-0.html

I see that you have given enough information regarding the bug in that thread. More feedback = more priority for debugging. So that's why I had asked users to send bug reports straight to the devs. Hopefully we'll get some update from the devs through the Feedback Mods.

2020-05-11 18:53:14
Reply Report

DominikR
@happybuddhist can you give us some news regarding this bug? When will a fix be available? This bug is really annoying and should be fixed urgently. The Note 9s is a really nice device, but this issue makes it unusable... I'm waiting since two weeks now because I don't want to return this device. Thank you for your feedback!

Can't be sure about that. I am also waiting for an update on this. I checked with the Feedback/Bug mod and the result was the same. It seems there are a few bugs to fix this time - camera FC, proximity sensor bug, etc along with this WLAN issue. I'm reporting everything to the dev, and hoping to get a result soon. I cannot say when we can expect one - only a dev can say that, but as all devs say, no ETA.
2020-05-15 20:09:42
Reply Report

Naroyas
Did you already see this? It seems the development team do not see a problem anymore and ignores our feedbacks about this issue.

Check post #22 here:

I saw that comment. I have asked the team about it, but haven't got any response. That's why I didn't comment anything on it yet.
2020-07-31 18:41:45
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list