In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Other] WIFI BUG/Problem

2020-04-17 17:13:48
18825 82
After some time the WIFI disconnects in Stand-By. The phone (Redmi Note 9S) still is connected but no data is avaible, so you receive no notifications and you can not use the internet until you restart the WIFI. Many people facing this issue right now and it would be great if Xiaomi could fix it asap.

best regards

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-04-17 17:13:48
Favorites10 RateRate
Yes, I also hope Xiaomi fix the WiFi connected but no internet problem in future MIUI release. I've updated to MIUI 11.0.3 and I found that WiFi still disconnected in Stand-By with no notifications. But this time, the WiFi will automatically reconnect when I refresh Instagram app without having me turn off the WiFi and turn it on again.
2020-04-18 11:31:18

Pro Bunny

Zasnizas | from Redmi Note 9S

weird I don't have any issue with WiFi till now, all work fine for me. maybe you can try to reset your device, who's know if it will solve your issue
2020-04-18 13:05:05

Rookie Bunny

367403991 Author |

Ferris Lee replied at 2020-04-18 05:31:18
Yes, I also hope Xiaomi fix the WiFi connected but no internet problem in future MIUI release. I've updated to MIUI 11.0.3 and I found that WiFi still disconnected in Stand-By with no notifications. But this time, the WiFi will automatically reconnect when I refresh Instagram app without having me turn off the WiFi and turn it on again.

Exactly the same happen to me now. But I also switched the Router. Now on a Xiaomi Router 4 is works normally.
2020-04-18 13:27:25

Rookie Bunny

KIIIMO | from Redmi Note 9S

Ok I have the same problem not sure if I should send the phone back or it will be fixed with new update.
I can't just go buy a new router specially for the phone I have a brand new router and the internet is so fast. this is kinda so disappointing
2020-04-19 17:50:37
Ferris Lee replied at 2020-04-18 11:31:18

HI, would you tell me what is your previous Router's type, thanks
2020-04-26 15:51:22

Rookie Bunny

6319749031 | from mobile

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=367403991367403991/url
Exactly the same happen to me now. But I also switched the Router. Now on a Xiaomi Router 4 is works normally./quote

Hey there,

I am new here and didn't find any comment button, hence I used the quote function. Hello, folks :)

My mom got herself a Redmi Note 9S, which also has this annoying WiFi bug. My parents have a rather new Fritzbox, with which no other device had any problems in the past. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether the phone uses the 2,4GHz or the 5GHz network. Yesterday there was an update, but it had no impact on this bug. I am pretty optimistic that it can and will be fixed, but I nevertheless wrote an email to Xiaomi in order to get any information about when to expect anything. Maybe I will get a reply :/

Well anyway, good to know it's a broader problem, hopefully this means they will put effort in fixing it soon. Never had a Xiaomi device before, so I don't really know what to expect from their support.

Stay well!
Britta

--Update--

I just received an answer, and it unfortunately doesn't seem that they are going to fix it via an update, although we are by far not the only ones with exactly the same problem. Here is what they wrote:

Hi Britta,

Thank you for Contacting Xiaomi Customer Support. I am Nandini and I understand that you are facing wifi connection issue with your device.

I would like to inform you to try to connect your device with any other 5GHZ Wi-Fi Band and check whether you are getting the same error or not. Also, would request you to try to change the setting of the Wi-Fi router with the help of respective router Band support.

Also, like to inform you that if you are in the range of both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Wi-Fi Bands network then priority will be given to 5GHZ Wi-Fi Band.

I would request you to refer the below-mentioned steps as you have already tried the factory reset:

For Wi-Fi:-

1.       Please turn off the router for at least 30 seconds

2.       Then select your Wi-Fi in your device and select forget the option

3.       Then start the Router and reconnect your device

4.       Check, whether the same issue is there or not

If the same issue persists, I would request you to follow the below-mentioned steps to check the exact issue:-

1. Dial *#*#6484#*#*

2. Select the option related to Wi-Fi

3. Perform the test and check whether the results are positive or not

If the test results are positive then please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

Sign Out from your Mi Account:-

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Select Mi Account

3.  Then confirm to Sign Out

Create a Backup:-

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Select Additional Settings/ Select About Phone

3.  Select Backup and Reset

4.  Select Local Backups

5.  Select Backup

6.  Select Accounts and Contacts & select System

7.  Then select Backup so that a Backup file could be created

For Finding Backup File:-

1.  Go to Internal Storage

2.  Select MIUI

3.  Select Backup

4.  Select All Backup

(Note:- Please save the Backup file on your PC/ Laptop, so that your important data would be prevented)

Factory Data Reset:-

1.  Go to Settings

4.  Tap on Factory Data Reset

MIUI update: -                                                      

1.    Then go to Settings About phone System update Check for update

2.    Tap on '...' icon at the top right side/ long press menu button

3.    Choose download latest package

4.  Once the downloading gets completed click on update and reboot option.​

Restoring Data:-

1.  Go to Settings

4.  Select Local Backups

5.  Select Backup File

6.  Select Restore to complete this process

If the still issue persists with your device, then I would request you to visit the nearby service center by coordinating your respective point of purchase regarding the repair for your device. Also, I would request you to get in touch with your regional support for better and quicker information. Below mentioned are the details of Xiaomi Customer Support, Germany.

Germany Support:

Official Website: https://www.mi.com/de

Hotline Support: 0800 - 223 11 44

Chat Support: https://sg.support.kefu.mi.com/page/index/v2?tag=de&token=ZGUud2ViLm1pI2lqdllNV1hucGw&locale=de&cUserId=XLiVbbtHi9HgLP7GTfKL5N6Spiw

For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

---EOT---

I am a little bit disappointed that they don't think it's a major problem, although there are a lot of people facing exactly the same behaviour. It's a brand new phone, so I expect it to work properly. But I will try if the advise is of any help. They say that it prefers 5G2,4G, but I don't think that is true if the SSIDs differ (because right now - as a workaround - I am switching from one network to the other manually, and I have definitely not connected to the 2,4G every time I repeated that step.. I am pretty sure about that fact, actually). But as I was advised to contact German support (which I wasn't aware of its existence, because some page mentioned that they don't have local support), I won't reply to this. Since it's a brand new phone, I haven't done a factory reset yet and am wondering where the support guy had read that, lol. Maybe it's better to try and get a refund? Doesn't sound like there will be a solution from Xiaomi, if you ask me :( feel very bad that I suggested that phone to my mom .. to be honest. Definitely going to add links to several pages which prove it's not one faulty device, but many.

But for a Sunday, time of response is highly appreciated; ~5hrs ..

Good luck to everyone who has the same problem, maybe their reply will be of help.. if not, sorry for the long post.

Britta

2020-04-26 17:23:26

Rookie Bunny

237548319 | from Redmi Note 9S

same problem, everything works fine but sometimes on wakeup the wifi is connected and not working, a rather annoying bug with many users affected, just look on xda. please give it priority, I don't want to return the device.
2020-04-27 20:56:37
somtimes it reconnects after a few minutes now , but the Problem ist not solved with the 11.0.7.0 update. it's only a little step in the right direction
2020-05-01 05:41:19

Rookie Bunny

1699632146 | from app

having the same problem
2020-05-01 08:51:19

Rookie Bunny

6321558717 | from Redmi Note 9S

will be fixes by update ?
2020-05-02 04:54:09