In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Other] Information to new MI MIX 3 5G users and buyers

2020-04-15 23:21:10
989 14
April 27th 2020 the MI MIX 3 5G is officially dead no more updates ai be released, if you see this post after you bought the phone return it if you have it sell it. No point in making anymore threads asking for the situation about this phone is dead the official device list for MIUI 12 confirmed it.

Since new users are showing up from time to time asking about details of the device including the updates and the 5G connectivity, its fair to give them a heads up before committing to this device.

MI MIX 3 5G known problems that will never be fixed are as follows.

MIUI and Android updates will not exist, from what it's known the number of users using this device is very small and that is one of the reasons why they decided to ignore this device, no official information regarding future updates has been given and all its said to users is "NO ETA".

Certain MI MIX 3 5G devices come with a rom that doesn't have 5G in the network options and I cannot confirm that it works but a user unlocked the bootloader and was able to get 5G working so don't quote me on this I'm not sure, but what it's known is that the network is not present.

Battery drain continues to exist since the MI MIX 3 4G version and the 5G model is no exception.

Like other Xiaomi devices there is barely any support from the brand itself and users are sometimes forced to move away from the brand.

If your a new user of this device and you wanted the updates like Android 10 and the next big MIUI version your out of luck, you won't be getting anything new, the official device list never has this phone listed and one can easily assume that this "Flagship" will never be updated, my recommendation is to either sell the device if you already have it or return it and get one of the new devices if you care about 5G and updates, like the MI 10 Lite for a budget price, for a lot more the MI 10, MI 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro 5G is also at a good price, if you don't care about 5G but want the updates get some of the more popular ones that still get updated and are present in the device update list.

No need to switch brands but if you are tired of Xiaomi you should.

I might get a ban but it's important for people to know that they are wasting their money on.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-04-15 23:21:10
Favorites3 RateRate
They should stop selling this device and deceiving people.
2020-04-16 01:21:32

Advanced Bunny

Jesús93 | from Mi MIX 3 5G

Xiaomi should create a policy focused to all MIX 3 5G users with active warranty, that consist on return the device in change of other device without problems with a similar price when it came out to the market. That is at least to compensate the error that they himself ocasionated and stop seeling this device.
2020-04-16 01:47:52

Pro Bunny

imre96 | from Mi MIX 3

Battery drain problem is factory implemented for every Mi phone. Delete google play services cache few times and restart the phone. It's a shame thst they abandoned the Mix 3 5G just like the tablets.. Well it's in their nations blood :^)
2020-04-16 01:58:04

Semi Pro Bunny

Criticaldany Author | from Mi MIX 3 5G

williantavares1993
They should stop selling this device and deceiving people.

I agree
2020-04-16 05:14:56

Advanced Bunny

plsh2me | from Mi MIX 3 5G

I 100% agree with you.
The device presented with a false letter.
A 4g phone with 5g levelled.
#fake.
2020-04-17 03:42:11

Semi Pro Bunny

plsh2me
I 100% agree with you.
The device presented with a false letter.
A 4g phone with 5g levelled.

I still remember and anyone can see it their bad PR about this device getting high speeds with 5G.
2020-04-20 09:10:51

Semi Pro Bunny

Bump
2020-04-28 00:00:01

Advanced Bunny

Patjuh | from Mi MIX 3 5G

it's a shame. at least xiaomi needs to push security updates, they are obliged to do so since 2018. Me personally don't have any problems with battery draining, actually the phone is working fine but I'm angry with the bad support and that you still can buy this phone. I'm too late to return it so the only thing I can do is install a custom rom, than I have at least Android 10 and the latest security updates. this was my first and last Xisomi device.
2020-04-28 07:19:32

Advanced Bunny

Patjuh | from Mi MIX 3 5G

this morning I had contact with my provider and seller of my phone. they confirmed that xiaomi stopped with updating the mi mix 3 5G. they are also not selling it anymore.
2020-04-28 18:23:57

Semi Pro Bunny

Patjuh
this morning I had contact with my provider and seller of my phone. they confirmed that xiaomi stopped with updating the mi mix 3 5G. they are also not selling it anymore.

Did you contact then by email? If so can you take a screenshot?
2020-04-28 19:16:29