In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Q&A] How to flash a stock rom with the locked bootloader?

2020-04-10 18:35:02
6866 35
Hi guys, I made a mess and need help.

I was using a version of MIUI and decided to go back to the stock ROM. I downloaded a fastboot ROM and installed it, but at the end the phone showed a message of a damaged system and goes directly into fastboot mode.

The problem is that the bootloader lock option was selected and now i can't do any process that i get the information from the locked bootloader. I've made countless attempts and nothing works.

My phone is bricked and i don't know what to do. Anyone can help me?
2020-04-10 18:35:02
Favorites4 RateRate

Master Bunny

Damir Cubra | from Mi A3

enter fastboot, run adb tools on pc and enter fastboot devices, if ur device is detected then enter this command
fastboot set_active a and restart by holding power button
2020-04-10 19:04:49

Master Bunny

Damir Cubra | from Mi A3

if that dont work, try to unlock it again with adb tools
2020-04-10 19:08:54

Rookie Bunny

afonsomnds Author |

Damir Cubra replied at 2020-04-10 12:04:49
enter fastboot, run adb tools on pc and enter fastboot devices, if ur device is detected then enter this command
fastboot set_active a and restart by holding power button
Setting current slot to 'a'                        FAILED (remote: 'Slot Change is not allowed in Lock State
')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Fastboot shows me this message.

FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')

And that's the message i get when i try to unlock with ADB Tools.
2020-04-10 19:19:40

Advanced Bunny

vladvsky | from Mi A3

you can unlock the bootloader again if your device is detected in fastboot devices. 1st, fastboot flashing unlock. 2nd fastboot flashing unlock_critical. 3rd Manual installation of stock fastboot rom. make sure you flashed all the necessary .imgs'. visit this website for guidance,
2020-04-10 19:29:35

Advanced Bunny

vladvsky | from Mi A3

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/xiaomi-mi-a3-android-10-update-guide
2020-04-10 19:31:21

Rookie Bunny

afonsomnds Author |

vladvsky replied at 2020-04-10 12:29:35
you can unlock the bootloader again if your device is detected in fastboot devices. 1st, fastboot flashing unlock. 2nd fastboot flashing unlock_critical. 3rd Manual installation of stock fastboot rom. make sure you flashed all the necessary .imgs'. visit this website for guidance,

Hey guy, every time i try to unlock, i get this messages.

Platform Tools % fastboot flashing unlock
                                                   FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed
')

Platform Tools % fastboot flashing unlock_critical
                                                   FAILED (remote: 'Flashing Unlock is not allowed
')
2020-04-10 19:37:22

Advanced Bunny

vladvsky | from Mi A3

we have the same experience. I just followed all the steps cited in that particular website. It took me almost 2hours of manually encoding the all of the given commands using cmd. and I'm very happy that the result was successful. It was my first time doing such thing.  
2020-04-10 19:43:16

Advanced Bunny

vladvsky | from Mi A3

afonsomnds
Hey guy, every time i try to unlock, i get this messages.

try searching in YouTube, hope you unbricked your phone
2020-04-10 20:03:49

Rookie Bunny

afonsomnds Author |

I've been looking for solutions for three days and I can't find anything.
Many people talk to enter EDL mode, but i can't do it without having to disassemble the device. And i don't want to have to do that.
2020-04-10 20:11:03

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Hi,
Enter the fastboot mode and type in:
fastboot getvar slot-count
2020-04-10 20:43:34
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>