In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Review] Mi A3 Android 10 update feedback after 2 days of use!

2020-04-10 03:02:44
2925 51
To be honest I was scared from updating to Android 10 since the tons of users reporting bugs over and over again

But I just decided to update it and, ok first thing to need to have in mind is that, due to a replacing from Android 9 to 10, you won't have everything working perfectly good, it's almost impossible UNLESS you do a factory reset

A first overview is that you will notice some lag spikes, random crashes on some apps and functions (as bad things), but as good things, you will have the so waited Dark Mode, new screen animations, new notification designs, new status icons, etc

Now the important thing come here: if you really want to have your phone working perfectly after the update: do a backup of your music, pictures, videos and then do a factory reset of EVERYTHING. What you can expect? Well:

* Really, really, REALLY smooth and fast performance on the whole system, changing between apps, opening them, etc. You will be very surprised how fast your phone will become, also with the new screen animations everything will just look awesome, fast and smooth, as a 300$ phone

* No bugs (at least not much as before), you will notice the apps don't get randomly crashes, you can do anything you want without any worries

* The battery backup will keep same, because much of you guys (like me) get worried about, don't worry, it will just keep same

* You will be able to even select different theme colors for your phone, instead of the boring cyan you will be able to select white, ocean, green, cinnamon, etc (available on developer options, and the end)

* Yes, there are still some bugs, like the camera shutter speed limited to a max of 1/4seg, the fact of you can't delete the tips from the settings apps, and the wrong Google custom font from the developer options

So here comes my opinion: you should actually update your Mi A3 to Android 10 now?

- Yes, you should really do, but just recommended if you will do a factory reset after upgrading

- - - - - - -

If you have any question about this update, ask me on the comments!
2020-04-10 03:02:44
Favorites2 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6244551565 | from Mi A3

did you find that live caption function? I didn't.
2020-04-10 03:59:58

Pro Bunny

verntechph | from Mi A3

I was hesitant on doing a factory reset after the update but it is worth it. Yes updating from 9 to 10 is not perfect. I did experience some lag specially with multitasking. The FP sensor is not that sensitive with the left thumb compared to the right (same with A9). I'm getting a limited connection on my WiFi (don't have that on A9). But doing a factory reset resolves that issue.
2020-04-10 10:03:21

Semi Pro Bunny

mirko2507 | from Mi A3

so,basically,if we don't do a factory reset after update,we will get buggy update. this is for a "believe it or not" part of the pages...
2020-04-10 15:56:41

Device Team

stevanovic019 | from Mi A3

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=6265024692mirko2507/url
so,basically,if we don't do a factory reset after update,we will get buggy update. this is for a "believe it or not" part of the pages.../quote

It's the same as I started to use Android (back to Android Eclair in my case) - perform Factory reset if you want clear system update between major versions. I also like to do it from time to time, just to have best performance after the fresh start. So, that's nothing new nor unusual.. not matter what brand or model of devices we use. Don't worry, do Factory reset and.. all the best!
2020-04-10 18:35:17

Device Team

I have the same experience. And I don't really use those parts of the software mentioned as buggy. So all in all - very, very good build this time. And a good post as well Rodrigo_AI..
2020-04-10 18:41:58

Semi Pro Bunny

mirko2507 | from Mi A3

had about 30 android devices so far .this is first time i have to do this...just saying
2020-04-10 19:08:54

Rookie Bunny

Drojdik | from Mi A3

Should I do factory reset before or after update to a10 ?
2020-04-11 20:04:44

Device Team

Drojdik
Should I do factory reset before or after update to a10 ?

.. after.
2020-04-11 21:42:32
hola, tenes algun problema con la estabilizacion de video ? yo si, unico problema, gracias
2020-04-12 03:56:38

Rookie Bunny

6317537968 | from Mi A3

libera miui pro mia3.
2020-04-13 10:10:07