In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other

[] Can't clean carpets!!! - S1 Mijia Robot Vacuum (laser mapping)

2020-02-11 06:30:53
1732 15
So I bought this last week and on hard floors it's absolutely fine, yet put it on a carpet and it's not fit for purpose.  It has no issues moving on the carpet as it's not a long thread, it's fairly compact.  It can be over the other side of the room and I'll click 'Dock' and it drives back no problem.

The carpet is beige in colour made up of white/beige threads.  I've tried covering the four hoover sensors but that didn't help.  The room is so basic too, all straight flat walls and a bed.

Has anyone else had these issues?  I've attached an example of how it behaves.  Is this just poor software/hardware from Xiaomi, unable to deal with my carpet style, or a faulty unit?

EDIT - Carpet example added

2020-02-11 06:30:53
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

I have had one since they first came out (when it would only talk in Chinese). I have 3 rooms with cream (not my choice) I short pile carpet. I find it cleans them perfectly and in fact believe this to be the best robot on the market. Since I have had mine there have been several software updates the latest end 4004. Also have you set to link to Mainland China server
2020-02-12 16:16:43

Rookie Bunny

robot_sucker Author | from mobile

spaceprobe
I have had one since they first came out (when it would only talk in Chinese). I have 3 rooms with cream (not my choice) I short pile carpet. I find it cleans them perfectly and in fact believe this to be the best robot on the market. Since I have had mine there have been several software updates the latest end 4004. Also have you set to link to Mainland China server

I'm on mainland China.
Firmware is 3.5.4_094 and I have the English voicepack and also the beta map saving for zones.

Is your carpet plain cream? Not 'speckled' like mine?  I'm wondering if my carpet is 'medium pile' as it's quite soft so it's affecting the wheels somehow. I don't have another carpet in the house to test it on so stumped.
2020-02-12 21:19:02

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

robot_sucker
I'm on mainland China.
Firmware is 3.5.4_094 and I have the English voicepack and also the beta map saving for zones.

My firmware is 0040004
2020-02-12 21:29:21
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #4
6405753998 replied at 2021-01-16 03:00:03
I don't trust such things. Today, floor coverings are especially relevant: in some cases, they are functional objects, in others-decorative elements. It can be carpets, carpets, paths, products of different manufacturers, made of a wide variety of materials and having different shapes. But all have one thing in common — over time, they wear out, get dirty, lose their attractiveness, and, therefore, need careful care and regular, proper cleaning. I trust my carpets only to the professionals of affordable area rug cleaning services and I really like their work.

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!
2021-01-18 22:08:53
hey, I have the same problem
my carpet is so dirty, lol, and I have no time to clean it
and this robot doesn't up to the task
2021-05-24 23:34:26
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9
I was given such a vacuum cleaner, but I still haven't learned how to adjust the card so that it doesn't accidentally knock over a vase or hit the wall...
2022-02-22 01:22:39