In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[MIUI 11] [Q&A] #AskMi Answers about MIUI 11!

2020-02-09 10:08:12
22157 231

Dear MIUI users,
Thank you all for your submitted questions and feedback related to MIUI 11 in my previous thread. After reading all questions, I have chosen mostly asked questions. Hope you have few minutes to read and get the answers for the mostly asked questions posted by the users below.
Q1: Using Google dialer and Google Messages is a plan for MIUI 11 or just a temporary solution?

A: Xiaomi announced that due to the privacy laws and restrictions has decided to make use of Google Mobile Services, a bunch of applications and APIs aimed at delivering ensure great user experience. As a result, the company will be rolling out Global ROM update for all the recent devices to replace MIUI Dialer and MIUI Messaging with Google Phone and Google Messages.

Q2: When will App drawer be available on MUI11?

A: In the latest versions of MIUI ROM there is an option in Settings -- Home Screen to enable app drawer. If you are using a Stable ROM it might take some time to arrive, kindly wait for this feature to arrive.

Q3: When come the android 10 update?

A: Android 10 base for MIUI 11 is under development for devices such as Mi Note 10, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Mi 9 SE, Mi MIX 3, Mi 8/SE, Mi9T, Mi MIX 2S.

Q4: When themes will be available again in Europe? Long time ago there was annoucement that themes are TEMPORARILY unavailable for some countries and its been over year or 2 since this.

A: I'm happy to say that the Themes app is finally coming back to users in the European Union in the upcoming months. Please wait for further updates on Stable ROM and you should see Themes app available.

Q5: Will the MIUI 11 Global beta features ever arrive to Global stable?

A: All updates which are present on Global Developer (Beta) ROM will come to Stable ROM after a couple of months of internal testing. Of course, unless developers decide to withdraw a specific feature for some reason. Please stay tuned to Mi Community for the latest news.

Q6: How to enable call recording when the calling or answering the telephone? Vanish in Miui 11 in global rom.

A: As answered in the first question, due to the privacy laws and restrictions on Global ROM. Since Google Dialer is the default application for calls now, it's up to Google to provide a call recording feature (which is being worked on).

Q7: System dark mode will be implemented in miui 11?

A: System-wide dark mode (including 3rd party apps) is available on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 for now only.

Q8: Is Redmi 4x going to get android updates? Because MIUI version is 11 and Android version is 7.1.

A: Unfortunately, there is no plan for Redmi 4X to receive an Android base upgrade.

Q9: Can we expect future update in China rom?

A: Yes, of course. Updates are temporarily suspended due to the Spring Festival in China. Also, due to the Coronavirus, holidays are extended so it will affect development for some time. Development should continue soon, please stay tuned.

Q10: MIUI 11 for MiPad 4 series?

A: Unfortunately, there is no plan for MIUI 11 for Mi Pad 4 series.

Q11: Why some devices don't have ambient display?

A: Ambient display (Always on Display) is available for devices with AMOLED display only. This means that all devices with IPS display won't receive this feature in upcoming updates.

Q12: will we get official beta version of miui so we wouldnt have to mess with unlocking bootloader and stuff and if no then why?

A: All devices are shipped with factory pre-installed Stable ROM. If users want to switch to Developer (Beta) ROM it is required to unlock the bootloader and manually install desired ROM on your own risk.

This sums up most of the questions asked by our Mi Fans around the globe.

Looking for your feedback and let me know are you interested in more Q&A sessions to cover more questions!

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +21 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-02-09 10:08:12
Favorites123 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

rb5 | from Redmi Note 8

thanks for the information
2020-02-09 20:57:34

Semi Pro Bunny

alamoajo | from Redmi Note 5

Thanks for the information.
2020-02-09 21:21:45
I upgrade my 9t pro today (2/10) TO andorid 10 ,but I don't see wireless security WPA3  and OWE ,

can you patch it ,

thanks

2020-02-09 21:41:19
thanks for sharing
2020-02-09 22:36:54
G.Prasad.

Moderador

BeingBishal | from Mi 9T Pro

Thanks for sharing with us!
2020-02-09 22:48:37

Advanced Bunny

S4NR3000 | from Redmi 7

About Q2: the time it will take is precisely what we want to know. They just evaded the question.
2020-02-09 22:51:07

Rookie Bunny

6288255156 | from app

11 of course well, but battery eats even faster!!

2020-02-09 23:07:22

Rookie Bunny

aungsiphyo185443 | from Redmi 6

I used miui beta 10.9.9.3
2020-02-09 23:10:07

Rookie Bunny

6264679178 | from Redmi Note 8

why has been theme and font style blocked in pakistan . can you tell me . without theme and font style its device too bore me.
2020-02-09 23:34:01

Master Bunny

Leonitis | from Redmi Note 7

thanks for sharing this information, I found a couple of answers to my questions...
2020-02-09 23:44:35