In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

[Review] Xiaomi will continue to pre-install Google's Phone and Messages apps

2020-01-05 05:52:16
876 19
Starting with (and including) the Mi 9T Pro, all Xiaomi smartphones that launch internationally are shipping with Google's Phone and Messages apps. This change has finally been acknowledged by Xiaomi on its official forums today, and it's definitely been a long time coming.Thus, if you have a Xiaomi handset running a Global or EEA ROM, you no longer have MIUI Dialer and Messaging installed. The Chinese company is giving up on these and using Google's alternatives due to "privacy laws and restrictions around the globe". Xiaomi continues to explain that Google's Phone and Messages use Google Mobile Services, which is obvious and doesn't really get into the nitty gritty.We assume Xiaomi preferred this solution to making sure its own MIUI Dialer and Messaging apps comply with the various privacy regulations across all territories where it's selling its products. This change is not expected to be retrofitted to those models that launched internationally before the Mi 9T Pro.The situation means that if you're stuck with Google's apps you won't be able to record calls, although Xiaomi's team promises that function will return before the end of this year.
2020-01-05 05:52:16
Favorites3 RateRate

Master Bunny

Danchybald | from Mi 9T Pro

Finally for those who asking and asking about that... I do not have problem with google dialer and sms... and I never used call recording...
2020-01-05 07:19:08

Master Bunny

komarac1984 Author | from Mi 9T Pro

for me its olso no problem. only i understand that allot of them realy whant this. only now they know the story
2020-01-05 07:34:37

Master Bunny

jhs39 | from Mi 9T Pro

I've owned at least a half dozen different Xiaomi phones and the ability to record calls was never available in the Global ROMs of any of those phones. Maybe the option was only available in specific regions.
2020-01-05 07:38:33

Master Bunny

jhs39
I've owned at least a half dozen different Xiaomi phones and the ability to record calls was never available in the Global ROMs of any of those phones. Maybe the option was only available in specific regions.

i think that you are right. Because allot of thinks i dont have in the NL there is in the swiss rom and so on.
2020-01-05 07:45:34

Master Bunny

komarac1984
i think that you are right. Because allot of thinks i dont have in the NL there is in the swiss rom and so on.

so i think that every country that lives in the eu are restricted and outside the eu there are differnt rules.
2020-01-05 07:46:47
jhs39

Hello I also own six devices from Xiaomi everyone with global rom 4 of them have the ability to record and the latest 2 not .
Regards
2020-01-05 08:34:22

Master Bunny

Khuzaify | from Redmi Note 5A

So sad
2020-01-05 08:45:49
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8

Advanced Bunny

platas | from Mi 9 Lite

eu laws are all about costumers privacy, so colecting and processing info about them here is about asking very big problem. In my opinion xiaomi might have to do much more than swap calling and messaging apps to follow rules.
2020-01-05 12:11:55

Semi Pro Bunny

Josué C | from app

finally the answer
2020-01-05 13:38:22