In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8

[Q & A] I don't want gallery to keep original photo after editing.

2019-11-28 23:45:08
151 6
If I for example rotate a picture in my gallery, the system keeps both original and rotated picture. Is there a setting somewhere to prevent this? Sounds like a small problem but it gives hours of extra work when selling on eBay etc.
2019-11-28 23:45:08
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

Mia2Freak | from app

if you want to do this, download OneDrive, it's the only app that will backup photo on original quality. After everything is backed up go to clear space on device otherwise there's no option in deleting your original and keeping your edited one en mass
2019-11-29 06:29:02

Semi Pro Bunny

PatPatUK | from app

I use Photo Editor app which can overwrite the original photo so no doubles.
Also I use Baidu cloud which default 2TB for photos and documents for free. But its Chinese app so most won't be able to use the interface unless you screenshot its pages then run it through picture translation.
2019-11-29 07:33:33

Semi Pro Bunny

PatPatUK | from app

PatPatUK
I use Photo Editor app which can overwrite the original photo so no doubles.
Also I use Baidu cloud which default 2TB for photos and documents for free. But its Chinese app so most won't be able to use the interface unless you screenshot its pages then run it through picture translation.

Options
2019-11-29 07:35:15

Admin

Torlyn |

Yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. Tried it on the gallery on mine, and indeed couldn't find any option to save on the old slot. Probably worth trying to find a third party app that does that (to boot, it might be a bit better at saving you time as the location of the rotate option, within the crop category, is a bit counter-intuitive.
2019-11-29 11:20:33

Advanced Bunny

Andrew Norway Author | from app

thanks for replies. solved my problem
2019-12-01 19:35:28
TheDukw
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6