In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

e-Scooter legality in the UK

2019-11-27 03:34:59

664 8

Semi Pro Bunny

PatPatUK | from app

Actually in China there are a billion electric scooters are now banned in most first tier cities on the inner zones.  Outer zones are still free for all and its awesome chaos.
There are dedicated lanes for them which is where most pile ups occur.  
I suspect UK road systems will not be able to cope with them.  Also they no 1 mode for bag snatching. Insurance also will be a problem.
2019-11-28 15:38:38
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

PatPatUK | from app

PatPatUK
Actually in China there are a billion electric scooters are now banned in most first tier cities on the inner zones.  Outer zones are still free for all and its awesome chaos.
There are dedicated lanes for them which is where most pile ups occur.  
I suspect UK road systems will not be able to cope with them.  Also they no 1 mode for bag snatching. Insurance also will be a problem.

I've seen them ridden out of lifts in apartment blocks straight into apartments. Battery theft is ripe so they like to keep em in sight.
2019-11-28 15:44:15
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Newbie Member
Community Advisor
Throw Back with Mi 2018
5K Users UK
9thBirthday
30K UK
Uk Comm 150K