Greetings Dear Mi Fans,
Almost, everybody here loves to customize their Mi Phone as far as possible & MIUI gives you the freedom to customize almost every available feature till date, in all the possible ways. Everyone here likes to customize the look of their phone using different themes, wallpapers & fonts etc. & the Profile Picture for incoming calls as well. How cool would it be, If you can set a Profile Video for Incoming Calls? Yeah, you guess it right, MIUI 11 has brought you the feature 'Profile Videos for Incoming Calls' too!
Steps to Follow to Set a Profile Video
A. Set Your Own Video from Gallery:
1. Open the Gallery on your Mi Phone.
2. Swipe Left to see the list of Albums on your Mi Phone, then Locate & Open the Videos album.
Gallery (2).jpg (80.05 KB, Downloads: 2)
2019-11-25 00:33:32 Upload
Gallery (3).jpg (68.06 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-11-25 00:33:28 Upload
3. Scroll down to Locate & Tap the Video that you want to set or use as a Profile Video.
4. On the next screen, click on More option with 3-dots at the bottom of the screen.
5. From the pop-up menu appeared, click on the option 'Set Video Wallpaper'.
6. There you'll get 2 options, Apply & Profile Video for Outgoing Calls. If you wish to Preview, then click on the Eye icon on the Right & to mute the sound, tap on Music icon. Click on Profile Video for Outgoing Calls.
7. A pop-up menu will appear, Applied Successfully with some instructions about how to turn it off.
8. You can confirm its appearance by calling your phone from other phone.
B. Set Profile Video from Sound Settings:
1. Go to Sound & Vibration in Settings, scroll down to find & open Profile Videos for Incoming Calls.
Sound & vibration (1).jpg (37.12 KB, Downloads: 1)
2019-11-25 00:33:22 Upload
Sound & vibration (2).jpg (49.57 KB, Downloads: 3)
2019-11-25 00:33:26 Upload
2. In Profile Videos page, Click on Find More at the bottom of the screen.
3. It'll redirect you to the Live Wallpapers Page in Themes App.
4. Check & Select the desired Live Wallpaper, then click on Download option at the bottom of the screen.
5. You can preview the Profile Video by clicking the Eye icon at the right side & mute the sound as well by clicking on the Music icon there.
Sound & vibration (8)1.jpg (96.47 KB, Downloads: 3)
2019-11-25 00:33:38 Upload
Sound & vibration (6).jpg (121.34 KB, Downloads: 3)
2019-11-25 00:33:40 Upload
6. After downloading, click on 'Profile Video for Outgoing Calls' & you'll get the pop-up message 'Applied Successfully' with instructions to turn it off.
Sound & vibration (9).jpg (103.92 KB, Downloads: 3)
2019-11-25 00:33:39 Upload
Sound & vibration (10).jpg (102.01 KB, Downloads: 3)
2019-11-25 00:33:39 Upload
C. Set Profile Video From Themes App:
If you have already downloaded the Profile Videos earlier, then you can choose to set it from themes app too! But, the Profile Video feature is still Under Beta Testing phase.
1. Open Themes app & go to tap on My Account tab.
2. In My Account page, click on Theme Lab & on next page, click on Profile Videos.
Theme Lab (2).jpg (53.45 KB, Downloads: 3)
2019-11-25 00:33:27 Upload
Theme Lab (3).jpg (26.7 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-11-25 00:33:19 Upload
3. Choose the Profile Video of your choice from the ones you've downloaded earlier.
4. You can preview the Profile Video by clicking the Eye icon at the right side & mute the sound as well by clicking on the Music icon there.
5. Click on 'Profile Video for Outgoing Calls' & you'll get the pop-up message 'Applied Successfully' with instructions to turn it off.
Hope, every MIUIer here, now learned to use Profile Video for Incoming Calls & aiming to learn some more customizations from upcoming MIUI Beginner's Guides. Yeah, you heard it right, I'll be back soon. Till then, enjoy MIUIng!
Redmi Y/S Series Subforum Management Team.
Special Thanks to @Elaine2046 & Redmi Y/S Series Subforum Management Team.
Previous MIUI Beginner's Guides: