In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

[Bug] Redmi Note 4X Global Snapdragon battery drain on V11.0.2.0

2019-11-18 07:29:27
1556 23
I'm experiencing high battery drainage on Redmi Note 4X Global Snapdragon with clean flashed V11.0.2.0 NCFMIXM. Full bugreport ZIP attached: bugreport-2019-11-16-223936.zip (3.22 MB, Downloads: 20) Even Battery Historian shows no trivial issues other than some foreground apps seems to run all the time. The bugreport has been generated on a day when I was on a road trip as a car driver thus from around 7.00 to 22.30 I barely touched the phone at all, the screen-on time is only 21mins and the idle time is around 14.5 hours - but the battery level dropped from 100% to 70%.

Some things that already cought my eyes:
Some foreground processes are active 100% of the time and doze mode is only light all the time it can go to doze mode - no deep sleep:
com.miui.securitycenter - I don't know what the Security app is doing in foreground all the time?! In the bugreport you will see that I force-closed it and deleted it's data, too, but didn't solve the issue.
com.xiaomi.joyose - I don't even know why this app is installed in a global ROM, it's for chinese contents, isn't it?
GPS seems to be actively in use - but the phone (as mentioned) hasn't been turned on at all (I used a different device for navigation), the phone was in the center box of the car, left untouched. I'm using Google location sharing with Google Maps but on LinegeOS it has never ever caused battery drain, never used the GPS module because the phone was set to battery saving mode in terms of location settings (no GPS, only cell tower info, Wifi- and Bluetooth scanning is turned off).

The same phone using the official LineageOS 16 can easily achieve at least 8..10hrs of screen-on time in 2 days (I'm a light user, no gaming, only browsing, using some instant messenger apps, etc..) with the exact same conditions (same apps installed, same usage behavior - tested, came from LOS16, then clean flashed MIUI 11 (formated /data completely (not wipe only..) etc) and then rolled back to LOS16 and LOS16 is working the same way before and after, too - thus this is not a problem of the phone, nor the battery).

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Anyone has any idea how to mitigate or even solve the problem? Thank you!
2019-11-18 07:29:27
Favorites3 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

crok Author |

Bump. Anyone? 100+ views and noone have an idea? :/
2019-11-19 14:17:56

Advanced Bunny

crok Author |

Bump. Anyone? 300+ views and noone have an idea? :/

If anything is missing for investigation just let me know and I will provide it.

Please, @Xiaomi devs, please help, without your input I cannot really produce a better quality bugreport - neither in terms of problem description nor in terms of information sharing..

Some more things I identified, tho:
These are running in foreground service for an hour at least:
com.lbe.security.miui
com.xiaomi.xmsf
com.xiaomi.finddevice
com.miui.analytics
com.miui.msa.global
com.google.android.inputmethod.latin
- really, the keyboard?

These are running in background service for an hour at least:
com.facebook.services - even though Facebook app is not even installed!
2019-11-21 05:51:37
It is the matter of ROM. Nothing to do with the phone model. Same issue on MI 9 family already reported by many users. Crappy MIUI 11. Beta testing was not performed appropriately.
2019-11-21 06:06:26

Advanced Bunny

crok Author |

RIFF_RAFF replied at 2019-11-21 12:06:26
It is the matter of ROM. Nothing to do with the phone model. Same issue on MI 9 family already reported by many users. Crappy MIUI 11. Beta testing was not performed appropriately.

But - for the love of God - the phone is effectively unusable with this ROM, totally unreliable! When I try to use it with my daily routine - like I used to use it - the phone gets flat in terms of battery in a couple of hours, it seems it literally doesn't sleep at all, I don't see a single minute when it's in deep doze mode, only light doze, sometimes, but most of the time doze mode is off - thus it is awake and battery is just draining, and draining..
2019-11-21 07:45:11

Feedback Team

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 7

Dear user
Thanks for your report in feedback subforum, Sorry for the inconveniences I discuss this issue with Team Member and be back to you soon, requesting you kindly be patience and stay tuned with Mi Community.kindly attach your device About phone screen shot in this Thread.
Thanks for understanding
2019-11-21 08:16:50

Advanced Bunny

crok Author |

Sampath madurai replied at 2019-11-21 14:16:50
Dear user
Thanks for your report in feedback subforum, Sorry for the inconveniences I discuss this issue with Team Member and be back to you soon, requesting you kindly be patience and stay tuned with Mi Community.kindly attach your device About phone screen shot in this Thread.
Thanks for understanding

Dear Feedback team,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have to use the phone - it's a work tool for me - thus I started to use a custom ROM so I'm using a custom ROM at the moment because of this drain issue.

The phone is a Redmi Note 4X Global with 8 core Snapdragon 625 SoC (codename: Mido, a 3GB RAM / 32GB eMMC version) but to be honest everything is included about the phone in the bugreport zip and in it's content and I specifically included the MIUI version & code in the title (V11.0.2.0 & NCFMIXM) and this is 100% identifying the phone and OS I'm using while having the issue - I don't see any need for the about phone screenshot. What info do you need specifically that is not included in the bugreport?

If you give me some hints or to-do that actually can help because you found something I flash back MIUI V11.0.2.0 ASAP but for now - since the phone must remain actually usable - I'm running LinageOS 16 (FYI: 9hrs since booted, 21mins of SoT (as mentioned: light usage) and battery drain is only 7% - with MIUI 11 this would be about 25% for sure, I tell you).
2019-11-21 10:54:06

Feedback Team

crok
Dear Feedback team,

Dear user
Thanks for your reply,To confirm the Rom version so we used to ask Author to attach his Device About phone screen shot in the Thread.
Thanks
2019-11-21 11:18:50

Advanced Bunny

crok Author |

Sampath madurai replied at 2019-11-21 17:18:50
Dear user
Thanks for your reply,To confirm the Rom version so we used to ask Author to attach his Device About phone screen shot in the Thread.
Thanks

Excuse me but what do you need to confirm from a screenshot picture when everything is documented in the bugreport that's been generated by the OS itself? :\ Still don't get it..

Info from the zip:

Build: AL1512-mido-build-20191107001817
Build fingerprint: 'xiaomi/mido/mido:7.0/NRD90M/V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM:user/release-keys'

Kernel: Linux version 3.18.31-perf-g040a88f (builder@mi-server) (gcc version 4.9 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 7 00:28:25 WIB 2019

2019-11-21 14:33:19

Feedback Team

Dear user
Thanks for your reply, kindly do Deep Clean for 3 days through Security app and check if the issue persists better do factory reset.
Thanks for understanding
2019-11-21 21:00:13

Advanced Bunny

crok Author |

Sampath madurai replied at 2019-11-22 03:00:13
Dear user
Thanks for your reply, kindly do Deep Clean for 3 days through Security app and check if the issue persists better do factory reset.
Thanks for understanding

So let me get this straight:

You have probably no idea (and probably didn't even check anything) and trew at me a totally general to-do and praying for it will work? Factory resetting the phone makes no sense: I already did this, as I mentioned the installation was a clean install because I decided to reset the phone since the issue doesn't want to disappear. And lots of us are having the same issue since the update, not just me but several other people around me, too (we have some phones in my workplace).

Can you please share your findings based on the bugreport, please?
I already shared a lot of useful stuff.
Why do you think deep cleaning will solve that the phone is not sleeping? What's the mechanism behind this?

Thank you.
2019-11-22 03:07:57