In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Note 10/Pro/Lite

[Other] Xiaomi going to increase the prices again?

2019-11-18 05:39:59
501 5
So I just read some news about the Mi Note 10. It will be sold directly from the Hungarian carriers (Telekom, Telenor, Vodafone). What's catch? The NON PRO note 10 will cost 200.000 HUF which is around 661 USD. I payed 562 USD (including shipping) when I got my Mi Mix 3 almost a year ago. Xiaomi is going to enter the Apple era?
2019-11-18 05:39:59
Favorites RateRate
Well Apple costs over $1000 for very inferior products. So no I don't think so. You're paying the additional $99 because your MIX 3 has only 2 12MP cameras from 2018 and this new phone has one of the world's only 108MP cameras (the other one being Xiaomi's own MIX Alpha) and it's bundled with another 4 cameras most of which are better than your current MIX 3's cameras. Not to mention the almost double sized battery and faster charging capabilities. All of which are not even anywhere near the poor entries in Apple's lineup.
2019-11-18 07:46:21

Pro Bunny

imre96 Author | from Mi MIX 3

天 经 地 米
Well Apple costs over $1000 for very inferior products. So no I don't think so. You're paying the additional $99 because your MIX 3 has only 2 12MP cameras from 2018 and this new phone has one of the world's only 108MP cameras (the other one being Xiaomi's own MIX Alpha) and it's bundled with another 4 cameras most of which are better than your current MIX 3's cameras. Not to mention the almost double sized battery and faster charging capabilities. All of which are not even anywhere near the poor entries in Apple's lineup.

I don't care how much cameras it has and for me it's not a problem to place the phone on the provided wireless charger. $661 is just too much for the non pro note 10. Are you kidding with me? I can sell my Mix 3 for almost half the price. I payed 156.200 HUF on the used market it's 80.000 the old ass iphone x was 300.000 huf years ago and on the used market it's still 180.000 - 200.000 HUF. It's a budget device not a premium shouldn't be this expensive lol.
2019-11-18 19:47:27
imre96 replied at 2019-11-18 06:47:27
I don't care how much cameras it has and for me it's not a problem to place the phone on the provided wireless charger. $661 is just too much for the non pro note 10. Are you kidding with me? I can sell my Mix 3 for almost half the price. I payed 156.200 HUF on the used market it's 80.000 the old ass iphone x was 300.000 huf years ago and on the used market it's still 180.000 - 200.000 HUF. It's a budget device not a premium shouldn't be this expensive lol.

That's just because there are plenty of iSheep out there that will still spend a ton of money on something that's clearly not worth anywhere near that amount. Meanwhile non-Apple devices have consistently sold for much less once second hand. Samsung sells for $1000+ too but resale value drops just like your MIX 3 to about half. This isn't even news. They had whole series of articles about this on just about every smartphone review site. Resale value doesn't tell you anything about the actual value of the device just about how many people are willing to still pay for it. That's Apple's marketing dollars at work not it's tech.

As for cameras I was just pointing out where the price was coming from. You might not care about a 108MP camera but that's why the cost is there. Plus if you didn't care about the cameras and that's pretty much the big selling point for this phone so why would you even care to buy it? Get any one of the cheaper phones in Xiaomi's lineup that fits your need.

PS: The "old ass" iPhone X is only 2 years old. Not years ago. Just 2. And Apple stopped production a few months after releases due to poor sales. So I quote "Are you kidding with me?"
2019-11-19 10:10:13

Pro Bunny

imre96 Author | from Mi MIX 3

天 经 地 米
That's just because there are plenty of iSheep out there that will still spend a ton of money on something that's clearly not worth anywhere near that amount. Meanwhile non-Apple devices have consistently sold for much less once second hand. Samsung sells for $1000+ too but resale value drops just like your MIX 3 to about half. This isn't even news. They had whole series of articles about this on just about every smartphone review site. Resale value doesn't tell you anything about the actual value of the device just about how many people are willing to still pay for it. That's Apple's marketing dollars at work not it's tech.

As for cameras I was just pointing out where the price was coming from. You might not care about a 108MP camera but that's why the cost is there. Plus if you didn't care about the cameras and that's pretty much the big selling point for this phone so why would you even care to buy it? Get any one of the cheaper phones in Xiaomi's lineup that fits your need.

They killed the X because they released the Xr because if they keep the X no1 would buy the Xr, their profit was higher because the lack of oled, multiple cameras and the phone had aluminium body. The X was the best selling smartphone ever  sold 12,7 copies in 2018 Q1. If you serious about the 108MPX then something is clearly wrong with you. It's almost a Redmi Note 7 the main difference is the camera setup, if that's the reason why that thing is far far more expensive then something is clearly wrong. Let's talk about prices again when Xiaomi will make phones out of completely recycled parts or premium materials like stainless steel or when it has WideVine L1 support etc etc. $661 is too much for a Xiaomi. Bye
2019-11-19 22:55:54
imre96 replied at 2019-11-19 09:55:54
They killed the X because they released the Xr because if they keep the X no1 would buy the Xr, their profit was higher because the lack of oled, multiple cameras and the phone had aluminium body. The X was the best selling smartphone ever  sold 12,7 copies in 2018 Q1. If you serious about the 108MPX then something is clearly wrong with you. It's almost a Redmi Note 7 the main difference is the camera setup, if that's the reason why that thing is far far more expensive then something is clearly wrong. Let's talk about prices again when Xiaomi will make phones out of completely recycled parts or premium materials like stainless steel or when it has WideVine L1 support etc etc. $661 is too much for a Xiaomi. Bye

The best thing you said was right at the end. Yes bye and don't let the door hit you on your way back to Apple.

But here's a parting point of logic for you. The XR came out 1 year ago alongside the XS. Not a couple months after the X. Reread and read carefully what I wrote. iPhone X's production was cut a few months after its initial release. So it had nothing to do with XR's release over half a year later. And btw since you want to bring up the XR's generation here's one more bit of data for you to digest: XS production was cut one month after its release. And then Apple restarted the iPhone X's production to save on costs because both devices were doing poorly. iPhone XS was partially blamed for why Apple stopped being a trillion dollar company.
2019-11-20 09:42:39