In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Off-topic] Another year as a Super Moderator and a Mi Fan : A look back through the year 2019!

2019-11-03 22:31:46
352 9

It's been 5 years!

5 years down and many more to go! I've been asking myself one question from last couple of days that "I've been here for more than 5 years and many things have changed in life and is there anything which haven't changed?" And now I've the answer - My passion for Chat section aka Off-topic is on the same levels when compared to the times I was new to the MIUI Global Forum.

Back in 2014 I joined the forum to ask for a query and then to post a feature request, impressed about how Moderators here help MI fans by answering to their device and MIUI related issues, I joined the Resources team just to know more about Xiaomi and its fans. To be honest it was also out of some curiosity to know more about what's been happening here on this online forum.

And then my journey begins as a Moderator for Off-topic on MIUI Global Forum. I should say that these 5 years as a Moderator on Forum/Community has been one of the best years in my life. Posting threads like discussions, polls, debates, articles and contests, althought it sounds boring and repetitive, I enjoyed every day being here.

There was not even a dedicated Moderator for Off-topic back then and I along with fellow Mods, Team members and with tremendous support from Admin's end, we started posting qulity threads, discussions, debates and contests which has brought more traffic to the Forum/Community and many Mi Fans have started to often visit us for more fun and activity.

Transition from MIUI Global Forum to Mi Global Community

MIUI Global Forum was the legend! I haven't seen any forum with such high quality content and is well managed with super helpful Mods and Team Members. I think transition from MIUI Global Forum to Mi Global Community is one of the heftiest tast for everyone of us and more than that to the Admin. I've tried my best in helping Admin through out this transition process by posting required threads and managing activities related to the transition.

It's been another great year for Chat section

Be it Off-topic or Chat, we have always been the first one to post an activity for special events or days. Did you know that one contest thread from Chat section has been 'Hot' thread from last 6 months? It is one of the successful contests on Mi Global Community.

We always come up with new ideas to engage more users on the Community. This contest from Chat section has made many users to participate actively on threads on Community.

We are the first section on Forum & Community to observe the Mi fans are more active on App than the website and we as usual picked the trend and started posting App specific contest threads. We promoted Mi Community app to Global users through this contest and helped brought more traffic to the Community app.

Be it launch events or other official events by Xiaomi, Chat section has always been proactive in promoting these official events and activities by posting related threads and contests.

We have started a brand new thread series named Community Talk with an aim to let users engage more in the topics related to Xiaomi and Technology and this thread series has been successful till now.

Managing the team, training team members and intern moderators have always been my duty as a senior Super Moderator for the Chat section. Assisting Admin regarding the issues related to Resources Team and beyond when necessary. Making a strategy, planning and executing for the events and regular threads in Chat section is one of the duties.

What's ahead for Chat section?

This is the first year for Global Community and we are still in the initial bulding stage. I think we need more Global Mi fans here and we need to make them visit us often. We will come up with new threads and initiatives from the Chat section which will help us bring more users to the Global Community.

Quality has been always the priority for the threads in Chat section. We will continue posting more quality threads which will be more informative and helpful to the global Mi Fans.

Someone rightly said that there's no sense in doing something if there's no fun doing it. Yes! Our plan has always been to provide fun to Mi fans by posting more contests and activities. We wanna make Global Community a 'Longue' to Mi fans. We wanna make Global Community a get2gether place for Mi fans. We will make this happen by posting more informative and quality threads along with fun activities and contests in the coming days which increase he user engagement on Global Community.

What I've learned in the last one year?

To be honest 2019 is a different year for me on Community when I compare it to the previous years. We have gone through a tough period because of the transition from Global Forum to the Global Community. It forced us to start everything from scratch. We need to build everything again. We have less users here on Community when compared to the Forum. But things are changing, we are picking up, we are on the way to reach 500k users on this Global Community. With patience, hard work and passion we can make it again!

Managing a team, building relationships, communicating clearly, enjoying what I do, working with passion, qiality more than quanitity, patience is a virtue and many more among the things I've learned being here over these years and especially in the last one year.

I thank Elaine for always supporting me and believing in me. She is the one who always believed in my capabilities and encouraged me in coming up with more activities on the Community in the last one year.

I also thank my fellow Chat Mods, team members in Chat section & Resources Team and other Mods and Super Mods on Community for helping me enjoy being here. There's lot more to go, happy as always.

Always believe something wonderful is about to happen

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +70 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-03 22:31:46
Favorites RateRate
Congratulations for your 5 years. But I can't stop myself from saying one thing, in your post you have written the word contest at least 50 times. What you think? Users are coming here just because you give them free gifts occasionally? Then sir, sorry to break your bubbles. Contests are not really important the way important timely updates, features are. Most of the users come here to know about their device updates, tips for their device and to know what new they can do on their phones. Contest comes as an add on. So as you are smod. I will hope you will advise admins regarding it, instead of thinking, you can impress all the fellow mi fans with your gift traps.
2019-11-03 22:53:47

Super Moderador

raviki Author | from mobile

Ajitkulkarni
Congratulations for your 5 years. But I can't stop myself from saying one thing, in your post you have written the word contest at least 50 times. What you think? Users are coming here just because you give them free gifts occasionally? Then sir, sorry to break your bubbles. Contests are not really important the way important timely updates, features are. Most of the users come here to know about their device updates, tips for their device and to know what new they can do on their phones. Contest comes as an add on. So as you are smod. I will hope you will advise admins regarding it, instead of thinking, you can impress all the fellow mi fans with your gift traps.

Hi Ajit, I have just counted the number of times I mentioned 'Contest' word in my thread. It was 10 times, not 50. And you know what, we are a team, a Big Team that we have different responsibilities and different priorities and different strategies. We even have different rules for different sections. We have different Subforums which have different functions and it would be nice if you take some time to once go through the community. We have General section, Device sections, Tech, Resources and several Regions sections. At Chat section we post threads to let users discuss about Technology. We post discussions, polls, debates and also we share useful threads related to Smartphones, Android and Technology. And in Chat section we also give priority to post contests. Read carefully, just like other Sections have their priorities abd functions, in Chat section we have our functions to let users engage more and have fun more on Community. And Contests are one of the ways through which users can have fun here. And it is one of the ways we give back to Mi Fans. It is one of the ways we appreciate Mi Fans. I encourage you to participate in more Contests and enjoy your time being here. :)
2019-11-03 23:26:39
Awesome bro and best luck!
2019-11-04 00:56:42
Amazing Journey.. Best of Luck for Annual Award
2019-11-04 07:37:53

Resource Team

LazyNinja | from Mi 9T Pro

Awesome Journey.
2019-11-04 08:02:01
I wish you best of luck.
2019-11-04 08:58:43

Resource Team