In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

[Review] [Mi Phone Review Contest] Mi 9 - An Ideal Robust Companion

2019-11-05 12:43:29
1552 7

Hei Mi fans,

What's up Mi fans? Today, I wanna share my user experience on Mi 9 after 8 months of usage being one of my daily driver. It has all the gems to unveil each time you need to complete a task or chore. Simply awesome! I will list out the 8 Gems of Mi 9. Let's find out!

Amazing Powerhouse
Xiaomi Mi 9 is one of the first smartphones powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon 855 chipset clock up to 2.84 GHz, Qualcomm® Kryo™ 485 Octa-core CPU which is also found in the other cutting edge flagship in the market which is the most advanced mobile processor available today and it shows other than the pumped up of 855+. The one I am using has a 8GB RAM + 128GB memory capacity. It a powerhouse capable to settle or scale any obstacle there is easily and flawlessly leaving others to smell the smoke attaining the best flagship experience there is.

Stunning Slim Design
Practically, Mi 9 is made from 3D full curved Gorilla Glass 6 on the back and Gorilla Glass 5 for the display with bezels on the sides which is almost negligible with an extremely thin chin on the bottom. In terms of design, the Mi 9 features refined edges and a nice curved back that tucks comfortably in your palms of your hands. I would say, it's one of the thinnest and lightest flagship phones you can find around. Fits your pocket nicely and you won't know it there at times, without the unnecessary bulging pockets

Smart AMOLED Display
The Mi 9 comes with a gorgeous 6.39″ Full HD+ AMOLED with a 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution display and a teardrop notch at the top. It features an excellent 90.7 percent screen-to-body ratio with Adaptive Brightness which makes it easier for your to see and take photo under the bright sun. It comes protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 without the worries of key scratches even without a screen protector, as I have done so. In addition to that, it's equipped with a fifth-generation on-screen fingerprint sensor, comprehensively upgraded fingerprint recognition algorithm and the powerful DSP-assisted fingerprint recognition operation, a feature in Qualcomm Snapdragon 855.

48MP Triple Lens Camera
Mi 9 is the first Mi device with the triple setup. It features a 48MP (SONY IMX586 1/2-inch sensor, f/1.75 aperture) main camera, a 12MP (f2.2, 54mm) telephoto shooter with 2X optical zoom and a 16MP (f2.2, 13mm) ultra-wide-angle lens to capture sharp and detailed photos. Enhanced with a laser focus to keep it sharp and clear. Meanwhile, for the secondary selfie camera it is fitted with a 20MP (f2.0, 0.9µm) lens.The camera also supports night mode and a 960fps slow-mo video recording, whereas for security measures it can do facial recognition, too. And for the record, Mi 9 is backed with DXOMark score which tops devices like iPhone XS and Pixel 3 for camera quality. That's not all, it supported with AI-assisted algorithms together with Night mode, Pro and so on.

All Day Battery Backup
Mi 9 is powered with a modest 3,300mAh battery that supports 27W wired and 20W wireless flash charging TUV Rheinland fast charge certification via it's USB type C cable. On top of that it comes included with the 27W charger which is a breeze to charge just in 60 min from 0 - 100% fully charged. Battery backup is really good considering the power saving Snapdragon 855 (7nm) chipset.

Incredible Gaming Experience
Bundled with Snapdragon 855 CPU, Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3 x 2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4 x 1.78 GHz Kryo 485) with GPU Adreno 640 it can over power any game there is flawlessly sustaining it's frame rate in an intensive graphic game lag-free gaming experience. Coupled with 8GB RAM makes its processing effortless beyond your expectations. On top of that, heat is never a factor with an abundance of processing power and ample loading as for 8GB of RAM.

Software & User Interface
Mi 9 comes installed with MIUI 10, which supports Mi Turbo, has defragmentation I/O optimization, support for app launching with speed optimization, reduced slowness by 35% after 18 months of simulated use. As we speak, it has acquired MIUI 11 with Android 10 OS upgrade. For gaming it supports Game Turbo to further customize game parameters and display improvement. 4D Touch for shooter games. Supports CPU/GPU occupation and FPS display. Game tools support one-touch switch network card and optimized touch response, supports custom border restrictions. Supports auto-brightness disabling, three-finger screenshot and Eye-protection mode. It comes standard with dynamic wallpaper that will auto-change according to local time and all new multi-color Always-On Display. Dark mode is available for system wide customization.

Robust Connectivity
Mi 9 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G. Aside from that NFC for wave payment and you can easily transfer files, links, and everything in between by just tapping two phones together. Mi 9 have an AI button dedicated for Google Assistant which is handy and configurable to your needs. Mi 9 is fitted with a Dual-frequency GPS which simultaneously receives L1 /L5 frequency GPS signals.

Versatility Reloaded
Mi 9 is the pioneer when it comes to the adaptation of Android 10, being one of the first to test the flavor and features of Android 10 and as we speak Beta Stable MIUI 11 has been released. With MIUI 11 you expect an optimized user experience index.

ARCore enables your phone to sense its environment, understand the world and interact with information. With the launched of Mi 9, other value-added product

To complement Mi 9, Xiaomi has launched a variety of value-added gadgets for wireless charging, be it in the car, for your office or on the move.

It supports 27W power input and 20W output which charges your Mi 9 from empty to full in just 60 minutes. It has a silent fan and a heat sink for a dual-cooling system.

Touch to unlock a whole new experience. Connect quickly and start listening right away. True-to-life sound with HD quality. Mi True Wireless earphones support AAC codec, which means original sound is more completely restored and vocals won't blend together with instrumentals.

Xiaomi has also announced a wireless car charger that also supports its 20W wireless flash charge technology. The car charger also has a power input of 27W. It features a motorized clamp that opens when it senses you want to mount the phone for charging and is blue LED lighted once switched on and night visibility.

In addition to the desktop and car wireless chargers, there is also the Mi 10000mAh wireless power bank. The power bank supports 10W wireless charging and simultaneously a USB-C & USB-A output port at 18W high-speed for wired interface.

My Verdict
After using it as a daily driver for more than 8 months, it never failed to pleased and amazed me with its great agility it has to offer. Next it’s the speed with which apps open, and then respond. There’s no slow down, everything scrolls smoothly, and if there is a hold up, you get the distinct impression it’s a network issue, rather than the device. Anyway, it supports the LTE Plus and there never an issue with connectivity. The Mi 9 is so quick, it makes lightning bolts look sluggish and disarray. The Mi 9 is a good performer for night photography overall, on a daily basis has been my daily shooter with detail and sharpness to my liking. Packed with merely 3300 mAh battery it would last you a day of battery backup, not unless you are an impulsive gamer, you the Mi 10K Wireless Powerbank will suffice for a day usage or else you be crawling by mid-day. On my side I would after a thoughtful consideration of the specifications and design, I would give 9/10 without an eminent downside. That concludes my 8 Gems of Mi 9, that's all for now.

Mi 9 - Picterous 8 Months Journey

2019-11-05 12:43:29
Favorites2 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Levandesigner | from Mi 9 SE

cool phone ✌
2019-11-05 13:18:05

Manjeet dahiya | from Redmi Note 4

Awesome Review
2019-11-05 13:40:14
why would you want a mi 9 if you already have a mi 9..
2019-11-05 14:29:31

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-11-05 14:38:36

News Reporter

omkarsawant594 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

Nice
2019-11-05 14:40:16
Omkar
News Reporter

Wizard Bunny