In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Q&A] Why do I get ads???

2019-10-30 14:44:51
669 3

Is this some kind of April fools joke? I've had this phone for 8 months now and I just started to see ads in filemanager. Why are they there and how on earth do they follow me? I was looking for this heater and boom just got a relevant ad.
2019-10-30 14:44:51
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

SriSri_WRX | from Mi MIX 3

Me too I never have ADS but only recently I Can see some ADS 😠
2019-10-30 15:46:46
Ads are part of the MIUI system, if you are using a global ROM. It doesn't occur mostly in EU region due to restrictions, but the advertisement agent is still present in the system. It could be that any recent update of File Manager triggered the Ad manager. Turn off all recommendations in stock apps. Follow this guide to turn off ads wherever applicable -

[MIUI Beginner's Guide #2] How To Disable Advt. Completely From MIUI 10 Without Rooting Your Phone?  
https://c.mi.com/thread-2183387-1-1.html

Adding to the steps mentioned in the thread, revoke authorization privileges for 'msa' under Settings » Additional settings » Authorization and revocation. This is responsible for the system ads. Revoking it may show some errors, but just open it again and try again until revoked.

Cheers! :-)
2019-10-30 16:11:04
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series

Semi Pro Bunny

Grendizer | from Mi MIX 3

Ads started also lately for me.
2019-10-31 01:35:35