In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] AccuBattery: Protect Your Battery Health with Science!

2019-10-21 07:25:35
935 14

Hello Mi Fans,

Battery is undoubtedly the most important component of our smartphones. If the battery is gone, everything else is gone as well. Still today it remained as one of the major aspect for an user before making an buying decision. Such an important element needs our proper attention and care. All of our aim is to keep the battery as healthy as possible and prolong it's life span. For that first we need to understand every necessary details of the our phone's battery. Today we will be talking about one such app which becomes a complete knowledge hub when it comes to phone's batter. Let's talk about - AccuBattery

First Look

AccuBattery is the app designed to protect your battery health. But the most important aspect here is, they do it through methods based on scientific research. What AccuBattery emphasis on is, you can extend your battery life span by 200% by charging only to 80%. Remember, AccuBattery works better over time. So the longer you use AccuBattery, the better you get the analysis of your smartphone's battery performance. When you first open the app it gives you an introduction into what the app is all about. At the ed of that, the Calibration will be finished and your device's information will apper on screen. If you find that incorrect, you can update it later manually. I have tried the app on 3 different phones. And every time the result was accurate. The entire introduction part is wrapped in green colored pages. Not bad, ah?

Features

The homepage of Accubattery consists of 4 different tabs - Charging. Discharging, Health and History. All of these tabs contains specific and detailed stats and informations regarding the battery. Not all of us are familiar with different terms of our phone's battery health. No worries! Accubattery explains the definition of those terms in simple and easy way. You can also find various tips and tricks to extend the life of the battery. Well, you might think its boring but in reality these are really helpful and necessary information. The informations are in-depth yet compact without any unnecessary prolongation.  Let's talk about the different features now one by one.

Charging:

This tab contains all the information regarding the charge and charging. When you put your phone into the charger, you can have the information like Charge current, Temperature, Voltage, charge speed etc. When the phone isn't charging, the battery level and charge status will be visible. You can also view the historic data for all the most recent charges. Now comes one of the most important feature - Charge Alarm. A blue slider indicates the alarm. The alarm will go off when the chosen level has been reached to remind the user to unplug the charger. You can set the level as per your wish. If you drag the blue slider to a charge level you can see how much wear your battery will go through if you charge from current battery level to chosen level. While scrolling down through the screen, in between all these information you will also find bites of tips for yout battery like- How to test the charger! I must say, this is one of the best battery-stats app I have ever used.

Discharging:
As the name suggests, it's all about discharging information. Just at the top you will again find the current battery level along with estimated time remaining on current charge. It's split into time remaining based on mix usage, with screen on and with screen off. The battery used section shows how you have used the battery since your last charge. You can view which app has used how much (in mAh) battery. Discharging speed turns the total amount from the battery used section into speed. Accubattery uses a foreground method with which they capture background processes from different apps to give a more accurate information. At the bottom of the screen there is Full battery time estimates which provides you with expected performance on a 100% charge.

Health:
Basically the most important information tab is this! During charging, Accubattery constantly measures the power added to the battery and the level change, and with this information, they create an estimate of how much energy can fit into a full battery. They compare the estimated actual capacity and the design capacity to let us know how much the battery has deteriorated in percentage term through the battery health bar. For a better and clearer understanding there is also pictorial presentation in forms of graph. Accubattery also tracks the wear of each charging session. Its indicates information of each day as in the bar graph.

History:
Last but not the least is the History screen. Every time you keep your phone on charge, a new session starts. This tab shows the starting time of the charge/discharge session, duration, the starting and ending percentage levels, and the total mAh drain or gain. This becomes particularly helpful if you different cable or charger for different sessions. You can compare their speeds easily. In the free version cards from the last 24 hours can be extended for detailed information. Where as with the premium version you can unlock details of up to 150 sessions.

Settings:
The premium version of the app gives you the option to change the theme to a dark one or even change the icon style. Other than these, all other settings are available for the free users. You can opt for notification on the lock screen and can also change the charge alarm sounds and vibration settings. There is also a Do Not disturb mode to avoid notifications for a certain period of time. As I mentioned Accubattery provides different tips for your battery health, you can also hide them inside the app if you are only into gaining stats and information.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • All sorts of information including battery health
  • User friendly interface and features
  • Accurate and precise information

Cons:
  • Takes some time before providing the informations & measurements
  • Advertisements

My View

What I want to mention first here is the app is absolutely user friendly.The AccuBattery team understands that with so many information users might get intimated. So they have provided a short and simple definition of every necessary terms which indeed make our understanding easier. About the information, of all the battery apps I have used so far, Accubattery provides the most accurate one. The information is not over burdened but short and compact. Through out the app you will also finds tips to enhance your battery performance which is another reason I love this app. No matter how much useful this information are no one likes to constantly open & close app to receive them. Understanding this common nature of users they have incorporated the notification feature. Which gives a quick info about the battery including how much battery is used each and every hour.

Even as a free user, you won't be missing much. I am absolutely satisfied with the performance and feature of the free version. Over all Accubattery is a complete package for the most important component of your phone - Battery. It includes all sorts of information along with battery health and advises to prolong the battery span. I will give it 4.6 out of 5

Additional Information

Downloads

Download AccuBattery from Google Play Store

Or,

Download the APK:
AccuBattery.apk (4.03 MB, Downloads: 29)

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +30 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-10-21 07:25:35
Favorites6 RateRate
Thanks for the nice review
2019-10-21 10:22:52
Useful app
2019-10-21 10:26:21

Advanced Bunny

imNazreen | from MI 9

helpful apps. downloaded the PRO version and it is working as described. kudos team!
2019-10-21 12:07:10

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-10-21 12:48:56

Grand Master Bunny

$huvo | from app

Useful
2019-10-21 14:03:34

Advanced Bunny

mansilha | from Redmi Note 5A Prime

Really nice.
2019-10-21 15:09:42