In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 5/Plus

[Q&A] Does unlocking bootloader will void my phone warranty? (Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus)

2019-10-16 10:58:06
190 4
Hello, does unlocking bootloader will void my warranty? I want to update my phone into MIUI 11 Beta Chinese ROM but I can't except if I will unlock bootloader and use TWRP. So If i will do it will it void my warranty?
2019-10-16 10:58:06
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Pacman6216241036 | from Redmi Note 3

Yes and root.
2019-10-16 12:36:53

Advanced Bunny

Abdul-Butt | from Redmi 5 Plus

Yes it will but you can again lock it by flashing fastboot ROM with lock bootloader option. But i personally suggest you to just wait 15-20 days for stable ROM, Chinese ROM is loaded with lots of chinese bloatware apps and new features are not available in English and lastly there is no google apps available (manual way have sync problems and so on). If you still want to flash chinese ROM then download chinese weekly build (released on every Friday make sure to check the date e.g. 9.10.18 , here 18 is the date which means Friday-18oct(month-10), just an example it will release tommorow), unlock your bootloader, install orange-fox recovery only, then wipe everything, also data format from setting - partions - format data - press yes keys, then flash your ROM, make sure to enable ota update from settings before flashing. Enjoy flashing
2019-10-17 01:18:28

Semi Pro Bunny

Μantas Author | from Redmi 5 Plus

Abdul-Butt
Yes it will but you can again lock it by flashing fastboot ROM with lock bootloader option. But i personally suggest you to just wait 15-20 days for stable ROM, Chinese ROM is loaded with lots of chinese bloatware apps and new features are not available in English and lastly there is no google apps available (manual way have sync problems and so on). If you still want to flash chinese ROM then download chinese weekly build (released on every Friday make sure to check the date e.g. 10.18.19 , here 18 is the date which means Friday-18oct, just an example it will release tommorow), unlock your bootloader, install orange-fox recovery only, then wipe everything, also data format from setting - partions - format data - press yes keys, then flash your ROM, make sure to enable ota update from settings before flashing. Enjoy flashing

Okay thanks for information, but if I unlock bootloader I will void my warranty. So If i will decide to lock bootloader again, will my warranty work again?
2019-10-17 08:39:50

Advanced Bunny

Abdul-Butt | from Redmi 5 Plus

Μantas
Okay thanks for information, but if I unlock bootloader I will void my warranty. So If i will decide to lock bootloader again, will my warranty work again?

I don't know if they have other ways to check that it was unlocked before or not but in boot logo where mi logo appears after restart the *unlocked* word will disappear and also in developer option it will say your device is locked and secure. I unlocked the device within a month coz i know nothing will happen in one year. Then tried every single ROM based on aosp (nougat to andorid 10) , miui (miui 9,10,11) and end up on stable ROM with locked bootloader so i won't flash any ROM again. I suggest you the same especially if you have 3gb RAM variant , your life will be miserable otherwise. Have you checked miui 11 launched event? if not then do so it will help you keep waiting 15-20 days more.
2019-10-18 06:17:32