In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 2S

[Discussion] Mi Mix 2s bricked?

2019-10-09 02:14:23
232 1
Please help! The phone was used for one month without any problem, but last night, when I was using firefox for web browsing it suddently power off. It cannot be turned on using the power button, but turned on if I connect the charger. The usual Mi logo appear, shortly after the battery icon appear with zero battery, and then the phone boot into Fastboot mode. If I issue "fastboot reboot" then the phone reboot, but repeat the above squence and enter fastboot. If I remove the USB cable the phone would then turn off immediately.

I can issue "fastboot erase ..." but not "fastboot flash ..." (I have unlocked the bootloader long ago), if I use "fastboot flash" then I get "FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))". I tried "fastboot oem edl" to boot to edl and the phone success in doing so, but I can't do anything in edl because I haven't applied for Xiaomi EDL authorization.

If I tried to boot to recovery mode by holding volume up then the phone stuck at the Mi logo screen, but it don't reboot.

Please tell me what to do now? Do I have to replace the battery? How can I apply for EDL authorization? The nearest service center is 300km away!

Thanks in advance!

2019-10-09 02:14:23
Favorites RateRate

Super Moderator

feds64 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Hei,
Can to try this tutorial and feedback the outcome?
How To Flash Xiaomi Device without unlocking bootloader And without USB debugging!  https://c.mi.com/thread-2504118-1-0.html
2019-10-10 00:12:12