In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Review] Developers vs Xiaomi

2019-10-06 07:07:03
738 6
Hey guys, recently I have been thinking about my experience with Pocophone. It is an amazing product with beast performance. However, I have noticed that with every update it is moving into a downward spiral. Developers have failed to make this phone work upto its true potential. Moreover their support team has become so blatant about the failures that they don't bother to address the issue and shamefully move onto "bigger update" that is actually more buggy. I am afraid that developers are trying to push Xiaomi into oblivion. Development has become so bad that I didn't suggest Mi9 to my friend over Galaxy s10, despite mi9 having better performance and lesser price. The reason?? Money is not worth the frustrations you will get after buying Xiaomi phones.
2019-10-06 07:07:03
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

Sarvaxo | from MI 6

You are absolutely right, the support team is not doing a good job either because it keeps 2 rom stable and another 2 beta, the truth is that they can not with everything, they have a catalog too extensive for what they can do, the only thing that  Save Xiaomi are the custom rom and that other companies like Samsung also have failures, I hope that the thing improves in the future.
2019-10-06 11:43:45

Semi Pro Bunny

Story Taler | from app

Nope...Xiaomi team did good job...they just push us user to go find and explore the full potential of this phone...like what I did.. (Lean to Install Custome Recovery/Rom/Kernel/Root and Etc. Now what I have is Beast Phone. CPu with 1.7k ~2.8k clock speed, GPu Clock at 842 MHz, no thermal control on Miui 10.3.7 global. PUBG, feel like on iPhone 8? Geekbench Score around Sgl-2.4k/Multi-8.1k , ANTUTU -289K, Screen frame rate 65hz ..Hahahahahaha learn bro don't just wait. This phone need your attention and time. Oh yeah I did hardware too, replacing screen panel,Fingerprint flex, Battery backover and smoothing screen frame so that it's more like iPhone feel hahahaha..
2019-10-08 01:03:42

Rookie Bunny

Jiaobaba | from app

Story Taler
Nope...Xiaomi team did good job...they just push us user to go find and explore the full potential of this phone...like what I did.. (Lean to Install Custome Recovery/Rom/Kernel/Root and Etc. Now what I have is Beast Phone. CPu with 1.7k ~2.8k clock speed, GPu Clock at 842 MHz, no thermal control on Miui 10.3.7 global. PUBG, feel like on iPhone 8? Geekbench Score around Sgl-2.4k/Multi-8.1k , ANTUTU -289K, Screen frame rate 65hz ..Hahahahahaha learn bro don't just wait. This phone need your attention and time. Oh yeah I did hardware too, replacing screen panel,Fingerprint flex, Battery backover and smoothing screen frame so that it's more like iPhone feel hahahaha..

True!
2019-10-08 12:23:26

Advanced Bunny

Saahiir Author | from app

Story Taler

😂 😂 That is too much.. I get it that you can do "things" with your phone to make it work to its true potential but that's the job of developers.. I used to do such things on my galaxy note 3 and Xperia S but now I don't want to go through that hassle
2019-10-08 12:51:28

Semi Pro Bunny

Story Taler | from mobile

Saahiir
😂 😂 That is too much.. I get it that you can do "things" with your phone to make it work to its true potential but that's the job of developers.. I used to do such things on my galaxy note 3 and Xperia S but now I don't want to go through that hassle

It's more simple then what you thought...at 1st I was think that way too..it's so much to do...but if you really know what your doing ...it's only taking 1/2 hour to do it..not include unlock boot loader which take 3 day to get it done. Honestly, at some point Xiaomi team will eventually stop give update to this phone cause it's more then a year now..so ready or not to get the best our phone and get along with time, we must learn to do it our self from the open source..So don't wait
2019-10-08 14:30:45

Advanced Bunny

Saahiir Author | from app

Story Taler
It's more simple then what you thought...at 1st I was think that way too..it's so much to do...but if you really know what your doing ...it's only taking 1/2 hour to do it..not include unlock boot loader which take 3 day to get it done. Honestly, at some point Xiaomi team will eventually stop give update to this phone cause it's more then a year now..so ready or not to get the best our phone and get along with time, we must learn to do it our self from the open source..So don't wait

You are right but we should be able to get bug free updates upto a reasonable time after release.. As I told you that before this phone and my previous Samsung a5, I used to install custom roms on every smartphone. But you never know with custom roms, I used cyanogenmod extensively, aosp roms, it was rare to have a rom without some major bug, usually battery draining
2019-10-08 14:38:08