In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

[Other] Farewell Xiaomi!

2019-09-29 09:58:29

1,718 23

Semi Pro Bunny

SirMorokei Author | from Mi 9T

sabai-sabai
hi mate, sorry to read about you leaving, thanks anyway for explaining your reason behind decision. aren't xiaomi mi A series Android One phones, too ?

Yes but sadly they don't have NFC and I use NFC a lot.
2019-09-29 11:46:08
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

Usamah
Instead of downgrading your phone, allow me to suggest you to just change your smartphone os from miui to Pixel Experience rom. It has great community support and frequent updates.

Thanks for the comment. Would be an option but sadly most of my apps (financial) don't work with an open bootloader.
2019-09-29 11:47:06
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

merjasec
SirMorokei, do you remember my post from 4th of September 2019?

You mistake something. I don't cry about the Mi 9T, I cry about MIUI 10. I don't think that anything is wrong with the device or MIUI 10 (as long as it's the China rom). I talk of the general state of the global MIUI rom which shouldn't have that much issues if they just would use the same rom for global and china devices.
The Mi 9T is an awesome phone for it's price but the lag of at least security updates (it's a way newer phone) is not acceptable anymore.
2019-09-30 03:52:18
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

Gentle viking
I seriously doubt miui 11 will be much better than what we have now, and bar a miracle in xiaomi they will be far better off selling clean OS phones, and then let people choose if they want this wonderful UI

TBH i think in that situation the downloads of miui will be very small.

You can remove nearly every app via adb
2019-09-30 09:30:01
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

JulesYeSeok
I hope you enjoy your new Google Pixel. In my experience, my Xiaomi device (RN7) never get me a terrible bug, just minors failures that all the phones have. And I understand for the conference that MIUI 11 will be released for both ROM's, Global and China at the same time.

I had the Redmi Note 7 before the Mi 9 SE and Mi 9T. And I agree. Weirdly enough the Redmi Note 7 had a way better MIUI rom which had less bugs. I have no idea why MIUI is so different for each phone.
I didn't watched the keynote but from sites I read that the K20 will get the update but even in the official list the Mi 9T was not mentioned. Ofc it could be that they just say K20 and also mean the Mi 9T but a lot of sources confirm that the list is based of the Chinese version of the phones and not the global versions. Also the open beta is the Chinese rom and not the global rom. If you look at the official MIUI rom download page you will not find one single MIUI 11 global beta rom.
2019-09-30 12:06:05
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

3 Days Check-In
7 Days Check-In
21 Days Check-In
Global Community
Global Community
Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list