In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Discussion] Who will change Note 7 for Note 8?

2019-09-21 04:58:53
659 20
Its been passed couple a months how I buy my RN7, I give all my monthly sellery for phone, its not been passed a year and Xiaomi is rool out a new Redmi Note 8..

I have setisfied with my RN7, I used to change phones every two years or more.. I didn't used to buy new phone every couple months.
Also if this is a budget phone, for me and my region its too much..

Is it worth to upgrade Redmi Note 7 ?
What are we get on Redmi Note 8 that we already dont have on Note 7?
Just to showing up with new phone.. its not worthed ..
2019-09-21 04:58:53
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

1828293091 | from Redmi Note 7

Next year or maybe after two years cheap 5G phone
will be available and that will make 4G phones' price go very much down.
I don't think it's worth to buy new phone in next 1 or 2 years. Wait cheap and good 5G phones available. By the way I don't like MTK chipset.
2019-09-21 05:46:05
Nope, similar performance, search 660 vs 665.
2019-09-21 09:38:57

Pro Bunny

Gonime | from Redmi Note 7

No, it's not worth upgrading from RN7 to 8
2019-09-21 11:36:16
GOT GUD

Pro Bunny

Next year or maybe after two years cheap 5G phone
will be available and that will make 4G phones' price go very much down.
I don't think it's worth to buy new phone in next 1 or 2 years. Wait cheap and good 5G phones available. By the way I don't like MTK chipset.

Yeah, the Chipset may be as good as they say it is but because it's MTK I don't even consider it.
2019-09-21 11:37:28
GOT GUD

Master Bunny

tZe_vitamin Author | from Redmi Note 7

I started to collect money, and was ready to change, but when I saw this blue RN8 the same as my RN7 I gave up.  the slight difference in the camera and processor .. it's not worth the haste so much .. next year at this time it will be twice as cheap.  this note 7 phone is the first phone I bought almost immediately after its release .. all other Samsung phones I bought new but two years old ..
2019-09-21 12:15:48

Master Bunny

Vange_444 | from Redmi Note 7

tZe_vitamin
I started to collect money, and was ready to change, but when I saw this blue RN8 the same as my RN7 I gave up.  the slight difference in the camera and processor .. it's not worth the haste so much .. next year at this time it will be twice as cheap.  this note 7 phone is the first phone I bought almost immediately after its release .. all other Samsung phones I bought new but two years old ..

I wouldn't even consider it because of the MTK cpu. I've had bad experience with Redmi phones sporting a Mediatek CPU. Although things might change with   the Redmi Note 8.
2019-09-21 12:38:26

Master Bunny

tZe_vitamin Author | from Redmi Note 7

better option is to buy RN7 pro
2019-09-21 17:43:54

Pro Bunny

tZe_vitamin
better option is to buy RN7 pro

Not worth it either, if you want to upgrade your device go for a higher tier device like Mi 9 SE or better
2019-09-22 13:23:00
GOT GUD

Master Bunny

22david22 | from Redmi Note 7

No. I bought Redmi Note 7 to use it at least 3 years. It will serve me well until then. So it doesn't matter, how is Redmi Note 8 (nor 9), I won't buy it.
2019-09-22 23:38:22
Definitely not me.

First of all, I intend to use my phones longer - i only replace them when there is a need to (either my old phone is broken or it no longer receives updates).

And if I had to replace my phone now, i'd not go for the RN8 because it simply lacks the appropriate features. Where I live, LTE Band 20 is a rather important LTE Band. Both, RN8 and RN8Pro lack that band so the phone would be rather useless for me.

Even if the RN8Pro would have Band 20, I wouldn't spend any money on that. It uses a Mediatek processor which will result in poor software support. I've had a Mediatek phone in the past and not only was it poorly optimized, but because apparently Mediatek does not release the source code or it doesn't allow their manufacturing partners to make the source code public, there is hardly any custom ROM support for Mediatek phones.
2019-09-23 08:27:06