In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Pad 4

[Discussion] How do we get an OTA update for Mi Pad 4 Plus which runs on Global ROM?

2019-09-18 04:08:05
338 5
I have been trying to navigate my way across the tablet's Settings but could not find the option where I could check for an update via OTA for the device.

Can anybody help me on this?
2019-09-18 04:08:05
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6245047547 | from MI PAD 4 PLUS

Same problem. I thought I'd get the Chinese rom but when I turned on It's already unlocked and It is now multi language version. I also learned that Global / Multi language version do not support OTA update.
2019-09-18 05:19:32
6245047547 replied at 2019-09-18 17:19:32
Same problem. I thought I'd get the Chinese rom but when I turned on It's already unlocked and It is now multi language version. I also learned that Global / Multi language version do not support OTA update.

I just learned the same thing myself and am planning on flashing the EU ROM instead. I heard using the vendor ROM is risky in that it might just suddenly brick.

Have you switched to the EU ROM, yet? If so, how did you manage to install TWRP in your device?
2019-09-19 11:32:27

Master Bunny

Chan Seng | from Redmi Note 4

There is no global rom for mi pad 4
2019-09-20 07:35:51

Rookie Bunny

6245047547 | from MI PAD 4 PLUS

Dothackjhe
I just learned the same thing myself and am planning on flashing the EU ROM instead. I heard using the vendor ROM is risky in that it might just suddenly brick.

Have you switched to the EU ROM, yet? If so, how did you manage to install TWRP in your device?

Not yet. Still dont have a plan on flashing the rom but when I used AIDA64, the Build ID is xiaomi.eu. Dunno if this is EU Rom already. I got another issue with my mi pad. I've seen the problem just this afternoon. I dunno if this is a scratch on the lens or maybe chipped off lens coating (with orange circle). I just feel bad that I bought this brand new but it has an issue already. :(
2019-09-20 14:01:46
6245047547 replied at 2019-09-21 02:01:46
Not yet. Still dont have a plan on flashing the rom but when I used AIDA64, the Build ID is xiaomi.eu. Dunno if this is EU Rom already. I got another issue with my mi pad. I've seen the problem just this afternoon. I dunno if this is a scratch on the lens or maybe chipped off lens coating (with orange circle). I just feel bad that I bought this brand new but it has an issue already. :(

Cannot you just have it replaced?

On-topic: Yeah, mine says "EU ROM," too. But what is telling that it's not an actual EU ROM, but rather a vendor ROM, is that it does not have the OTA update feature. Vendor ROMs are known to be a "tampered" version of pre-existing ROMs. The one that comes pre-installed with our devices must be a tampered version of the EU ROM.
2019-09-21 00:10:04