In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Q&A] low headphones volume MI A3

2019-09-11 04:57:14

7,279 41

Rookie Bunny

6248918312 | from Mi A3

can we change our region in the phone? I read somewhere that changing region to India solved this issue o. some other phone. seems to be some ear protection regulation in EU
2019-10-09 13:59:14
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

Shanking12 | from Mi A3

I'm using mi Anc Type C earphones... and sound isn't loud but it's reasonable to listen .. not too low .. it's not hard on ears as well
2019-10-22 02:53:32
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

Shanking12 | from Mi A3

3dr14n
It means Mi A3 has weaker amplifier. I never recommend headphones on Xiaomi devices not advertised or does not specify additional/specialized hardware audio enhancement. This is not new. Review tests would show (GSMArena for example) that most Xiaomi smartphones have good to excellent audio (using external amp) but is let-down by the phone's amp for 3.5mm jack, as shown when a higher impedance headphones were used. Earphones, IEMs and headphone impedance were not the same. A 16 ohm earphone or IEM would have excellent volume on all xiaomi smartphones but a headphone with the same impedance would sound lower due to the fact that headphones have significantly bigger diaphragms than the aforementioned audio equipment. You have a specification mismatch.

but the case is same when using type c handsfree .. the volume is significantly low ... you can't feel the bass etc which is quite clearly audible through other devices.
2019-10-24 11:21:02
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

Shanking12 | from Mi A3

3dr14n
Type-C is not totally the same with 3.5mm jack audio output. Type-c earphones can have their own circuitry may that be for additional circuit for ANC, additional DAC or AMP which draws their own power from the port. With type-C earphones, all of my previous statements here in this thread could be deemed irrelevant.

what I think is that it's a software side thing, because normally when using handsfree, when you increase volume, a message appear that exceeding this point may harm your ears, but in the case of Mi A3, this message don't appear, neither in 3.5mm jack, nor using type c
2019-10-24 14:28:05
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list