In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 6 Pro

[Q&A] Lost Redmi Note 6 pro | Lock Device

2019-08-20 12:58:11
309 5
So I tried to swap my samsung galaxy note 5 to this Redmi Note 6 pro and unfortunately I got scammed.
When I connected the phone to the wifi it got locked and this came out

This device is associated with an existing Mi Account (189****430, associated email: de****x@h******.com). Sign in to activate this device.

If anyone can help me contact the owner and try to communicate with him/her, that would be awesome. Thank you so much...
2019-08-20 12:58:11
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

.:kele:. | from Redmi Note 4

If you got the phone you wanted, then it might be that the previous owner forgot to delete his MI account before selling the phone. If you manage to fix the problem with MI account, there is also possibility that the same will happen when it ask for Google account which was used last time. This is all part of security and you should check these things before buying used device.
You can try to do a factory reset, it might help with both issues... If you never done that, search for "factory reset boot" for your model. I hope I helped a bit.
2019-08-20 18:58:05

Advanced Bunny

SamuelOrtizS | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

If you got the phone you wanted, then it might be that the previous owner forgot to delete his MI account before selling the phone. If you manage to fix the problem with MI account, there is also possibility that the same will happen when it ask for Google account which was used last time. This is all part of security and you should check these things before buying used device.
You can try to do a factory reset, it might help with both issues... If you never done that, search for "factory reset boot" for your model. I hope I helped a bit.

with Xiaomi doing factory reset throught revovery will not work
2019-08-21 00:04:19

Advanced Bunny

SamuelOrtizS | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

you have to talk with the person you brought the phone and ask him for the mi account, after that go to settings and sign out, factory reset throught settings app and use the phone as yours
2019-08-21 00:06:18
xiaomi redmi note 6 pro waps baton missing. plzzzzzzzzzz solved this problem.
2019-08-21 02:01:11
Use this link and follow step by step.
https://www.mi.com/global/support/contact/
2019-08-21 02:04:24