In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Tips & Tutorials] Asking solution for MI 9 Bricked

2019-08-05 03:04:18
285 5
Hi All,

Please kidly help me on my current situation. I was bought a Mi 9 device from local marketplace. I receive the device on Global Stable ROM 10.2.xx (forgot the exact version) then I update the ROM to 10.2.13. I also check that the device is already on unlock bootloader when I receive it.

Anyway, I just try to flash the device with Europe Stable ROM 10.2.28.0 PFAEUXM (this is my first stupid move), using MiFlash and I choose the "clean all and lock" option when flash it (my second stupid move).
And now my device is Bricked. The bootloader is locked, and only power up to Mi-Recovery.

Please help me to fix this problem. All of your suggestion mean a lot to me. Thank you.

2019-08-05 03:04:18
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Hi,
There's a high probability that the phone was a Chinese device with the Global firmware version, when it was received.
When you locked the phone it got bricked, due to the Xiaomi regional policy.
Now you need take the phone to an authorized service center to flash from EDL mode.

2019-08-05 04:38:30
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>
Abycho_LG replied at 2019-08-05 15:38:30
Hi,
There's a high probability that the phone was a Chinese device with the Global firmware version, when it was received.
When you locked the phone it got bricked, due to the Xiaomi regional policy.

I think so too

Does the EDL mode still working with MIUI 10??
2019-08-05 05:14:25
Best R,
Av

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

I think so too

Does the EDL mode still working with MIUI 10??

Yes, but you need an authorized account to flash, the authorized service centers have this account type.
2019-08-05 05:49:59
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>
I see..

But, since in my country xiaomi not yet officially release the Mi 9 so the authorized service center in here won't accept my device to be repair.
2019-08-05 23:08:27
Best R,
Av

Rookie Bunny

388105656 | from app

Hi there! I made the same mistake and my Mi9 is bricked too. Wonder if you have resolved yours?
2019-08-25 03:50:36