In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] Beta to Stable switch over

2019-08-01 22:15:46
261 5
Is it really mandatory that beta ROM users should switch over to Stable ROMs since public beta updates have been stopped by Xiaomi since this July?

I'm confused about it and I feel like not giving up from the beta ROM 9.6.27. @happybuddhist your response would be of help to me.
2019-08-01 22:15:46
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Kangyeu2359 | from MI 8

hmm... it depends. Just your current beta rom will not longer receive future updates including those security patches. if you dont care those update u may just stay.
FYI, in my opinion you may switch when miui 11 is arrived. Cheer
2019-08-01 22:57:37
Currently, some features have not implemented in stable rom and Head of POCOPHONE Global mentioned that new features will come to stable with MIUI 11.
So I recommend to stay in Global Beta until MIUI 11 stable rom comes out if you do not want to lose some features and switch to stable if you want more stability. But I think current global beta is stable enough so it is definitely upto you.
2019-08-01 23:35:56
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1 & Redmi 8

Master Bunny

Murshad | from app

i have switched to Latest Stable..
2019-08-02 00:25:02
As public beta updates are over and you won't be able to get any further updates, but stable updates will come as usual so yes you should switch to stable rom if you want to get updates in future.
2019-08-02 02:58:09

Moderador

happybuddhist | from app

Hi there!
It is not mandatory at all. If you want to stay with Beta, you can. But as the comments above mine say, Global Beta won't be receiving any more updates - that means no security patches too. So in that sense, it would be better to switch, but it's up to you. You can also continue using the Beta and make the switch when a newer or better version of Stable is released in the future.

Cheers! :-)

2019-08-02 07:11:42