In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Discussion] Mi Pad in the UK

2019-07-28 04:14:56
255 3
I'm really liking the specs and reviews of the Mi Pad 4 Plus

The only issues I have is that there is currently no global version available and I'm unsure about OTA updates

Has anyone here for experience with this tablet and would they recommend?

Cheers
2019-07-28 04:14:56
Favorites RateRate

badboyofrock | from app

Hi. Slightly different, but I think still relevant. I have the Mi Pad 4, but the 8" model and its a great tablet. You are correct in that there is no global rom but the China rom is fine once GApps has been installed. The only thing I don't like about mine is that I haven't found a way to use Google as the search engine in the stock browser. Other browsers such as Firefox and chrome are unaffected. I receive OTA updates with no problem. If you buy, make sure to ask for a sealed box as some vendors sell with what they call a global rom, which, as we know, doesn't exist.
2019-07-28 06:57:06

Rookie Bunny

sh.shah Author | from app

badboyofrock
Hi. Slightly different, but I think still relevant. I have the Mi Pad 4, but the 8" model and its a great tablet. You are correct in that there is no global rom but the China rom is fine once GApps has been installed. The only thing I don't like about mine is that I haven't found a way to use Google as the search engine in the stock browser. Other browsers such as Firefox and chrome are unaffected. I receive OTA updates with no problem. If you buy, make sure to ask for a sealed box as some vendors sell with what they call a global rom, which, as we know, doesn't exist.

Thanks for confirming, that's useful info. Chrome/Firefox can be made the default web browser anyway anyway. How frequent are updates OTA with Android security patches?
Also just realised it's been a year since the Mi Pad 4/4 Plus were launched. I might wait for the next model with upgraded processor.
2019-07-28 07:10:29

badboyofrock | from app

sh.shah
Thanks for confirming, that's useful info. Chrome/Firefox can be made the default web browser anyway anyway. How frequent are updates OTA with Android security patches?
Also just realised it's been a year since the Mi Pad 4/4 Plus were launched. I might wait for the next model with upgraded processor.

I've had mine since Christmas, and I think I've had 3 updates. Security patch is April 2019.
2019-07-28 08:40:22