In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Q&A] Google Drive Back up not working

2019-07-25 20:45:18
2901 11
Does anyone experience having problem with backing up data to Google Drive. For some reason it won't backup my data even though my account was logged in, my sync was enabled, has stable internet connection and enough storage for back up. The different data is just showing "Waiting to backup..." I already tried to clear cache & data of google drive, uninstall & reinstall app, remove and add again my account, restart my device. What else can I do to fix this? Thanks!
2019-07-25 20:45:18
Favorites RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

David J. | from Redmi Note 7

Could you also check if your Find my Device by Google is working for you?
2019-07-25 22:01:27
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #2

Rookie Bunny

Joann07 Author | from Redmi Note 7

David J.
Could you also check if your Find my Device by Google is working for you?

I found out that there is other registered device on 'Find my Device', but upon checking on 'Recently used devices' that device wasn't visible.

I tried to erase the other device but 'Notification sent' just pops out.
How can I set my RN7 to 'Find my Device'?
2019-07-25 23:06:19

Semi Pro Bunny

David J. | from mobile

Joann07
I found out that there is other registered device on 'Find my Device', but upon checking on 'Recently used devices' that device wasn't visible.

Thanks for confirming it. I have the same issues, including Google Drive back up not working/malfunctioning.

I have tried to remove my Google and Mi account, then log in again, but to no avail the issue still persists.
2019-07-25 23:44:46
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5

Semi Pro Bunny

David J. | from mobile

Joann07

Kindly go to these links to resolve your problem:

1. https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-remove-unused-device-from-Android-Device-Manager-tool

2. https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/4856840?hl=en

It's quite lengthy to post the solutions here due to formatting issues.

Requesting for feedback. If it solves the problem.
2019-07-26 00:01:22

Rookie Bunny

Find my Device by google is now working, thanks for your help:) but I can't still create a back up on my google drive.
2019-07-26 06:21:38

Semi Pro Bunny

David J. | from Redmi Note 7

Joann07
Find my Device by google is now working, thanks for your help:) but I can't still create a back up on my google drive.

You're welcome. I finally resolved, no active device on Find my Device by Google while searching for solutions to fix your problem. Manual Backup seems not to be working as indicated on your screenshot as well as mine.

You can learn more about it from this link: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819582?hl=en
2019-07-26 14:35:37
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9

Rookie Bunny

David J.
You're welcome. I finally resolved, no active device on Find my Device by Google while searching for solutions to fix your problem. Manual Backup seems not to be working as indicated on your screenshot as well as mine.

You can learn more about it from this link: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819582?hl=en

My Google Drive Back up is now working but I don't know what specifically I did to fix this since I tried many optionsxD hehe but what I noticed was it worked after I created a back up on Mi Cloud and I turned on all the settings for auto back up. Hope this could help to fix yours.
2019-07-26 17:05:00