In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Band 4

[Q&A] Mi Band 4 data Accurate or not??

2019-07-14 03:30:03
16428 14
Hi, yesterday I got Mi band 4 but I am doubtful of its accuracy. I'll tell two examples, I slept for 3 and half hours at the night but the band data shows I slept for 1 hr 13 mins which is pretty inaccurate,, secondly step count and distance walked is very high, I manually counted 28 steps but band showed that I walked 44 steps. It shows that I've walked 2.5 kms but I am pretty sure I haven't walked more than 1 km. What is your experience with Band 4?? And is this inaccuracy a software fault or hardware??
2019-07-14 03:30:03
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

pjalegria | from Redmi Note 5A

Welcome to Mi Band world LOL
2019-07-14 05:31:52

Pro Bunny

petarv | from MI 6

Moving back from Stratos I notice problems with steps overestimation. It counts steps when I'm on my M365 scooter driving from home to work. It's like that new gyroscope is not put to good use in detecting false steps (probably only in swimming).
Also the sleep tracking is suspicious. The Mu Band 4 shows considerably lower deep sleep values compared to the Stratos. But this is difficult to judge. Who can estimate on his own if a sleep tracker is accurate or not. Or it neefs to be compared to a Huawei Band that claims using algorhitms developed by famous clinics and university. All in all, my Mi Band currently leaves impression of a gimmicky device, with no accurate measurements  whatsoever.
2019-07-14 06:16:12

Advanced Bunny

Saahiir Author | from app

petarv
Moving back from Stratos I notice problems with steps overestimation. It counts steps when I'm on my M365 scooter driving from home to work. It's like that new gyroscope is not put to good use in detecting false steps (probably only in swimming).
Also the sleep tracking is suspicious. The Mu Band 4 shows considerably lower deep sleep values compared to the Stratos. But this is difficult to judge. Who can estimate on his own if a sleep tracker is accurate or not. Or it neefs to be compared to a Huawei Band that claims using algorhitms developed by famous clinics and university. All in all, my Mi Band currently leaves impression of a gimmicky device, with no accurate measurements  whatsoever.

Seems right, new 6 axis gyro seems to be causing problems
2019-07-14 06:17:56

Advanced Bunny

NotoriousNico | from MI 9

Coming from a Fitbit Versa, the Mi Band 4 seems to be more generous in regards to everything. According to the Mi Band 4, my step count is higher and I sleep longer. For me, it's okay that it's not as accurate as other trackers. I knew that before I bought it. But I just wanted a simple tracker with alarm and notifications support and a long battery life. For the price of 40 EUR, I'm absolutely fine with what the Mi Band 4 offers.
However, if you're really into fitness, you should buy a more expensive tracker.
2019-07-14 06:47:54

Advanced Bunny

Saahiir Author | from app

NotoriousNico
Coming from a Fitbit Versa, the Mi Band 4 seems to be more generous in regards to everything. According to the Mi Band 4, my step count is higher and I sleep longer. For me, it's okay that it's not as accurate as other trackers. I knew that before I bought it. But I just wanted a simple tracker with alarm and notifications support and a long battery life. For the price of 40 EUR, I'm absolutely fine with what the Mi Band 4 offers.
However, if you're really into fitness, you should buy a more expensive tracker.

I wish I could, but I can't afford any tracker expensive than Mi band 4, and it was on sale too.
2019-07-14 06:50:43

Pro Bunny

petarv | from MI 6

NotoriousNico

Oh come on! Huawei releases and sells bands in similar price ranges ~40€, and if theirs are more accurate than Xiaomi's, than we have a problem. It means the next one I should purchase should be from Huawei, not Xiaomi. Fit bit uses 3rd party algorhitms, and this raises the prices (same like Amazfit Stratos), again there are no excuses for poor estimates, as each if Mi Band's iteration supposedly uses better and now Mi Band 4 integrates yet another sensor.
2019-07-14 08:36:41

Advanced Bunny

NotoriousNico | from MI 9

petarv
Oh come on! Huawei releases and sells bands in similar price ranges ~40€, and if theirs are more accurate than Xiaomi's, than we have a problem. It means the next one I should purchase should be from Huawei, not Xiaomi. Fit bit uses 3rd party algorhitms, and this raises the prices (same like Amazfit Stratos), again there are no excuses for poor estimates, as each if Mi Band's iteration supposedly uses better and now Mi Band 4 integrates yet another sensor.

I'm just saying it as it is. Haven't tried any of the cheap Huawei trackers, have you?
2019-07-14 11:02:00

Pro Bunny

petarv | from MI 6

NotoriousNico
I'm just saying it as it is. Haven't tried any of the cheap Huawei trackers, have you?

I honestly haven't.
But Stratos was plaged with problems of bad software and false readings (some of which still unresolved), and it's not that cheap; please don't compared with those 5x more expensive Sport watches. Competitive price should definitely not equal abysmal and unreliable performance. Because it then makes the gadget useless which equals thrown money which equals expensive purchase.
2019-07-14 13:05:19

Advanced Bunny

Mi_UserS@m | from app

if you really want to accurate count the steps, you need to chose workout options (walking) and begin walking. its pretty accurate than the default steps count
2019-07-27 02:17:46
I took off my band and i start the heart rate and for my surprise it indicate 82... how this is possible whem i don't have my band on my hand. I also have a sony smart band 2 and when i took it ok, i get instant error. Why with mi band for not have the same results. i think it is not ok all all how it measure...does anybody try it?
i upload a video to show the difference beetwin Sony Smartband 2 (2014) and xiaomi mi band 4.
https://youtu.be/Zgja3mkp3V4
2019-07-28 06:17:15