In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Tips] Make your RN7 battery lasts longer (MY OWN COMPLETE VERSION)

2019-07-13 01:51:05
42496 18
If you want to make the battery of your Redmi Note 7 long-lasting from its 100% single charge even when it's in idle, DO THESE following tips that I've done to my own unit. I've also included some tips that you will not find nor read to other forums of this phone model to help my fellow Redmi Note 7 users to enjoy the most out of their battery without rooting it nor booting it with another OS nor using third-party battery saving apps. Please read until the end.

1. Uninstall the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter app RIGHT NOW. Because these are the apps that mostly drain your battery fast even when your phone is in idle. Even Facebook app alone can drain your battery easily according to my own experience. It's because those apps run in the background even you are not using your phone.
Replace Facebook with the Facebook Lite App which consumes less RAM and battery than the Facebook app. While you can still use Instagram and Twitter by browsing it to your available web browser.
The photo below shows how long my battery goes from 100% to 99% with 16 minutes screen time using the FB Lite.

2. From your notification drawer, always disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, and GPS when you are not using those. Sometimes you cannot notice that these antennae were remained switch on especially after using the "Shareit" app.

And also, always enable the Rotate off when not in use to prevent your phone from using its accelerometer that also consumes more battery. Then disable Auto brightness to prevent the light sensor from consuming more battery. Instead, set your screen brightness to 30% or below if you're just using your phone indoors.

3. Disable the location access from the settings when not in use because it also drains your battery fast. Disabling the GPS from your notification drawer is not enough.
Go to Settings - Google - Location,
and then switch off the Location Access. And you may switch it on again from here if you are going to use it for apps (like Google Maps) that use GPS.

4. If you are a mobile data user with 4G or 3G network, switch your network to 2G when your mobile data is not in use. It also helps a lot to conserve your battery charge. To do this, go to Settings - SIM cards and mobile networks - SIM card settings - Preferred network type, and then tap 2G only (saves battery). From here, you could switch it back to Prefer LTE anytime just before you turn on your mobile data.

5. And if you are a dual SIM user, switch off the Dual 4G because it is not really necessary to enable it to get a better signal coverage. Perhaps, it will just easily drain your battery.

To do this, just go to Settings - SIM cards and mobile networks, and toggle off the Dual 4G switch.

6. Turn off the Wi-Fi Assistant to prevent your phone from continuous searching of the other available Wi-Fi signal nearby even you've already connected to a specific Wi-Fi network because it also consumes more battery. To turn it off, just go to Settings - Wi-Fi - Additional settings, Wi-Fi assistant, and toggle off its switch.

7. If you are using the default system launcher, disable the "App Vault" and "Swipe up on the home screen to open search" to lessen the RAM usage of your phone especially if you are not usually swiping your home screen to the left or upwards just to use those features. Just go to Settings - Home screen and Recents, then toggle off the switches of those unnecessary features.

8. The Google Assistant feature also consumes battery at the background even your phone is in idle because it always wait for you to execute a voice command even you are not totally using it. But fortunately, you can also disable this feature.

First, make sure you are currently connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or Mobile Data. Then go to Settings - Google - Search, Assistant and Voice - Google Assistant.

Then on the menu tab, tap Assistant.
Under the "Assistant devices" section, tap Phone. Then toggle off the Google Assistant switch.

9. Turn off autostart to all the applications installed on your phone as it is not necessary to start it automatically everytime you switch on your phone.

To do that, go to Settings - Permissions - Autostart, then toggle off all the switches beside each applications.

10. Turn off your phone right before you go to sleep at night. Give your battery also a rest while you are sleeping. This will also prolong the overall life of your battery.

After I've done all of what is written here, my battery consumption now went down to 5% per 1 hour of screen time within normal use, compare to 13% per 1 hour of screen time before. Take a look of my screenshots below.

I hope it can help you. Please follow all the tips that were written here for you to experience what I've experienced in my Redmi Note 7. Cheers!
2019-07-13 01:51:05
Favorites23 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Inzuwi | from MI 9

Nice tips for rn7 user
2019-07-13 04:35:08
It really helps too much thank you very much.
2019-07-13 10:09:03
Just too much intervention needed except for the facebook and google assistant one.
2019-07-13 16:17:34

Semi Pro Bunny

RODMINote7 Author | from Redmi Note 7

ADDITIONAL: From the number 3 tip, under the 2nd Location access tab, tap SCANNING and then toggle off the WI-FI SCANNING and BLUETOOTH SCANNING
2019-07-13 16:20:03

Rookie Bunny

Eagleman (6218668008) | from Redmi Note 7

done doing this. thanks
2019-07-15 20:48:47

Semi Pro Bunny

Inzuwi
Nice tips for rn7 user

Wait for my another release of Battery Optimization tips. I've just recently discovered some more NEW which are not included in this thread. Thank you.
2019-07-15 21:34:03

Semi Pro Bunny

Den√er
It really helps too much thank you very much.

Wait for my another release of Battery Optimization tips. I've just recently discovered some more NEW which are not included in this thread. Thank you.
2019-07-15 21:34:20

Semi Pro Bunny

done doing this. thanks

2019-07-15 21:34:53

Semi Pro Bunny

JANN19 | from Redmi Note 7

nice tips sir. very informative and educational
2019-07-16 15:24:53

Semi Pro Bunny

JANN19
nice tips sir. very informative and educational

Thank you. You may also read these additional tips at the link below to know more about battery optimization: https://c.mi.com/thread-2298818-1-0.html
2019-07-16 17:53:29