In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Polarr Photo Editor - A Pro Editor for Beautiful Photos

2019-07-06 03:20:38
1032 27

Polarr Photo Editor

Introduction:

Hello MI Community,undefinedHope all are doing goodundefined Again I'm back with another cool app to review. Today I'm Gonna review Polarr, a proffesional and elegant photo editor app. The app was developed and maintained by Polarr team, under the genre Photography. We've seen and reviewed many photo editor apps like, Picsart, College Maker, etc., I found this app is very cool and wanna share the experience with awesome MI fans. What are we waiting for? Let's start the review!

Review:

So, when I started using the app for the first time, I felt it like, an actual photoshop app is designed for mobiles. The UI and the features offered by the app will make you mind blew away.

So, when I started using the app for the first time, I felt it like, an actual photoshop app is designed for mobiles. The UI and the features offered by the app will make you mind blew away.

Now, we can see at the top toolbar of the app, where it has a few of the tools or the features, used to make our photo more elegant and beautful. We don't need to be best photographer. We just need to click cool snaps and sit back relax and use this awesome app. It makes our photos more beautiful than we expect.

From the top toolbar in the screenshots, we can see in the first GIF. we have the skintone adjustment and face additions and other options. With skintone feature, we can make the image more clear and elgant look like on the cover page of the magazine etc. We can create more digitally developed image using these options.

Coming to the second GIF, it's a cmmonn feature form all the photo editing apps. Which includes, addin text on the image with custom fonts, In addtion to these we can add logos, which are pre-installed in the app itself. In texting section, we cn see the other options like shapers, dividers, and line spacing and the letter spacing for the given text. We can say all these are bonus when, comparing other photo editing apps.

We've seen the purpose of the first two options or the features.Coming to the third feature. It's an undo button. If somethng goes wrong, with one simple tap we can back to the last change of the image. The fourth features also bears the same purpose, but it's an advanced one to the undo thing. This option shows the last few changes to the image in the history format. Like, cropping, tilting or rotation of the image etc., If you want to undo the thing, which is too late for now. We just need to tap on the particular activity, when you need to go back.

Sometims, we may take pictures in beautifiul cool and foggy places. But, the fogginess itself makes the photo unclear and dark. So if we can edit the picture with proper settings, we can enjoy the real awesomeness of the picures. So, here the option for you guys. Yes, we can make more beautiul pictures using this awesome option from the top toolbar of the app itself.

I don't have picture right now, which i've taken in the fogg. So, I just let the default tuorial images as it is. Though we can understand the real purpose of the app with the preview of before and after. So, we can set light, colour and bright with beauiful dehaze option. Which means, we can make the pictures more clear in the foggy conditions too.

The unique thing about the app is, the main settings page of the app is placed on the toolbar itself. So, other pages or the other page navigations in the app. Whatever it is we can see it on the main screen of the app only. But, they implemented the tons of features in one to the other. The settings options contains, the genral info as the other apps do. Like, theme settings of the app, lock or unlock of the rotation of the app, exporting setting for the file.

This option useful for the control of the size of the file or the quality of the image or the gif, which, we are edited or re-created with the app. The setings also show the, quick linl for the downloading the app for the cross platform like mac, windows system and the apple IOaS device too. We may create for account for the app, from the settings page itself, to manage the purchases or the premium features of the app. As it offers the in-app purchase festures.

This app has a similar feature to picsart. So we need to either purchase the things from the store as in-app purchase, as I said before or we need to unlock them by using the account to upload the pictures and by gettng the more popular, etc.,

The other main portion of the app, It has most unique feature than the other photo editing apps. As we can see, we cn directly rotate or tilt the image directly by swiping on the scale. Also we have mirror festure or the reset option (we can reset the applied prefferences instantly) and last but not least, rotation of the image from home screen (we discussed about this in the settings).

So let's see how the above settings can applied to an image in a practical manner.

Here, we can see the difference between twi images, before and after applying the seetings. Also, we can crop the image simultaneously with tilting the image. If we want,we can mirror the image and rotate the image to desired direction or angle.

The other option is, fiters, which is a very common option now-a-days. As the social networking sites or apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc., are providing their online filter tools, while uploading the photos on-the-go. So, this isn't that much new. Though, have a look on the pre-defined filters.

We've seen and I've reviewed about the other photo editing apps like Pixlr and Pics art. There we can use the given filters or we may purchase or unlock the other filters. Unlike these two apps, this Polarr made a step ahead in this fucntionality. We can customize the filter and save the same to our device, using the settings.

Even, we can import the filter settings from the device using the buit-in QR or by the import option from the device itself. These things sound like, making a custom pre-set in equilizer in any music app. Isn't it awesome??

As I said before, if we want more filters or any external or extra features, It redirects us to the built-in store. also we can set the Temperature, vibrance, light, colour and the saturation and the other colour and filter properties of the an image developing state. But, all these, come under one roof.

Pro's:

The app comes with tons of features without annoying ads

Seeems like a proffesional photo editor like photoshop for desktop

User friendly and very usful for multipurpose editing of an image

Very stable and cool app, Liquid smooth and elegant UI

Con's:

Need to purchase filters and other things, charging more than usual (comparing others')

The auto rotational of the app is not working, which means, even, if you disable autorotation in device settings, the app itself bypassing and making 360 rotations, which getting too much irritation. Need to use thirdparty app to overcome this bug.

Conclusion

Very cool app with tons of features. Really this replaced my ever used app Picsart. Basically I used to switch between different photo editing apps, After Picsart come to my life I didn't switch to other. After almost of 4 years, This made me to switch from picsart to this awesome app. Just Give a try.

Add.Information

Downloads

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-07-06 03:20:38
Favorites16 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Redmi Note 5A

nice photo editor
2019-07-06 04:33:51

Photography Team

Jillzy | from Redmi Note 5

weak editor, but thanks for tutorial
2019-07-06 05:31:43

ph.eliezer | from Mi 9 SE

Good app.
2019-07-06 07:34:57
@ph.eliezer

Photography Team

Vinké | from Redmi Note 7

Interesting app. But makes sure you try PicsArt...
2019-07-07 03:04:39
Nice one brother. Thanks for your review.
2019-07-07 12:34:23

Beta Team-Global

Colin Hopper | from Mi MIX 2S

Nice review thanks for sharing.
2019-07-07 22:40:09
Nice review bro!
2019-07-08 03:23:05

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Awesome Review!
2019-07-08 21:25:07

Pro Bunny