In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Other] Request to Devs on Upcoming Updates

2019-07-05 04:01:56
843 6
Many people including me eargerly waiting for the next update. Infact some people more excited to have update on their mobiles as soon as it rolls out and always checking this thread and updater app.
Software update means, provides fixes for features that aren't working as intended or adds minor/major software enhancements.
This is happening same as described for many other manufacturers and users are very happy with them even they give slow updates.

But for Xiaomi, My observation from last 1 year is, whenever they release an update, it fixes the minor issues and causes new major issues. Best example is Call Echo issue.
Before getting 10.3.4.0 update, i don't have this issue. With this update they fixed Widevine L1 support, introduced game turbo and face unlock for apps but the same time it created most irritating Call Echo issue. Which is still not fixed 100%. Even in latest beta also some users reporting this issue not fully fixed.

Other issues like, touch issue, notification icons etc still a big question mark. Devs saying, it will come in MIUI 11.

I feel getting a late update with full of fixes and major features with latest security patch is far better than this half cooked updates.
We users feel sad for late updates but without major fixes and features we feel more sad and suffer after updating. It is not mean that you should delay the updates till you find the fix. Because we know how much time you people are taking to fix some issues which, users are suffering in day to day usage.

I request Devs that, concentrate more on issues than new features and release them as soon as possible so that our day to day mobile usage doen't effect much. Presently you are focusing on MIUI 11 but neglecting to fix present issue which, users are facing from last few months.

How many of you agree with me ?
2019-07-05 04:01:56
Favorites RateRate
The most things you say are what devs are doing already.
The reson why persistent notification, dark mode and other features coming with MIUI 11 is devs are focusing on optimization and stabilization for upcoming MIUI 10 updates. This means, devs are working both next MIUI 10 stable which contains more bug fixes and MIUI 11 which contains new features at the same time. Also, the frequency of stable updates has been decreased recently for bunch of fixes just like you are saying.

Also, there is 10.3.5.0 version which released as Beta Stable and expected to be release officially soon. And most people has said that echo issue, touch issue, and other overall update has been improved in that version. But there was no any new features. This means the devs concentrated on improve overall experience for 10.3.5.0 rather than new features just like you mentioned. Please try 10.3.5.0 stable once it releases officially and see if the exprience improved.
2019-07-05 04:50:53
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1 / Redmi Note 8 Pro / Redmi 8
JBJ2 replied at 2019-07-05 14:20:53
The most things you say are what devs are doing already.
The reson why persistent notification, dark mode and other features coming with MIUI 11 is devs are focusing on optimization and stabilization for upcoming MIUI 10 updates. This means, devs are working both next MIUI 10 stable which contains more bug fixes and MIUI 11 which contains new features at the same time. Also, the frequency of stable updates has been decreased recently for bunch of fixes just like you are saying.

I will surely try the 10.3.5.0 update but the thing is, users don't need improvements because issue mean to be fixed completely, not improvements.

In 10.3.5.0 forum, not everybody satisfied with the update it seems. Lets check the upcoming update and continue this

2019-07-05 05:41:49
Ashokz replied at 2019-07-05 15:11:49
I will surely try the 10.3.5.0 update but the thing is, users don't need improvements because issue mean to be fixed completely, not improvements.

In 10.3.5.0 forum, not everybody satisfied with the update it seems. Lets check the upcoming update and continue this

I do agree with rather than releasing lot of minor updates if they do on major upgrade every six month with major fixed is great but not all of us that patient to wait for it :P  
2019-07-05 06:36:11
Poco F1 Graphite Black (6/64GB)

Bunny đại học

nexus33 | from app

Xiaomi every stable MIUI = bugs, more bugs, many bugs, new bugs, bugs features, new features for slowdown, killing cpu gpu ufs, echo bonus
2019-07-06 13:49:26

Bunny tiểu học

R8805 | from app

vinumsv
I do agree with rather than releasing lot of minor updates if they do on major upgrade every six month with major fixed is great but not all of us that patient to wait for it :P

i think you are not aware about Google's policy. every popular Android device bound to give security updates at least in two months intervals.
next thing is that show me a single device with 20K or up price tag having these much of issues what poco f1 having.
i don't wanna know how much mi is getting profit from it, its what exactly users are getting from that device. the users experience with that Device.
that matters a lot.
we never asked for 960fps that much but we ask for fixing of touch issue.
we never shouted for 4K fps but we were asking for a stable bug free daily driver for our Device.
many mods and mi admins replying these days like they are here to defend the company.
but the Matter none of them are acknowledged the issues users are facing.
its our hard earned money what we have invested.
so either give solutions or stop defending the brand m.
its a general statement.
its not meant for any particular person.
so hopefully no is going to be offended with that.
2019-07-06 14:13:37

Master Bunny

vinumsv | from app

R8805
i think you are not aware about Google's policy. every popular Android device bound to give security updates at least in two months intervals.
next thing is that show me a single device with 20K or up price tag having these much of issues what poco f1 having.
i don't wanna know how much mi is getting profit from it, its what exactly users are getting from that device. the users experience with that Device.

I am offended because MI or Xiaomi haven't paid me yet for my hard work 🤣 and I don't think Ive defend anyone and it's your money and time you spent on this phone and so your expectations are wareented
2019-07-07 08:34:45
Poco F1 Graphite Black (6/64GB)