In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[Best of App] [Mi App Showdown #3] GBoard VS Swiftkey: Battle of Best Keyboard For Android

2019-06-22 12:21:23
3964 129

Hello MI Community Members,

How are you? I hope you all are fine. Our App Resources Team always focuses on sharing the best quality apps to our fellow Mi Fans. In addition to our weekly collection and App Trend, we bring you a new series - App Showdown. In this series we will compare two apps and give you a detailed analysis of the comparison.

So MI Fans, let's back to the Showdown thread! Well, in this series we discuss about the best keyboard app for Android. We knew that there are a lot of keyboard applications for Android on Playstore. SwiftKey and GBoard are two highly popular and most recommended keyboard apps nowadays. Every application has its own advantages. And today we will  talk about Google Board (GBoard) vs Swiftkey. Now tell me, which team are you? #TeamGBoard or #TeamSwiftkey

Google Keyboard

GBoard was first released on iOS in May 2016, followed by a release on Android in December 2016 debuting as a major update to the already-established Google Keyboard app on Android. This keyboard is beloved by millions of users on Android (and also iOS). A lot of users like GBoard because it's great for getting words quickly and accurately, the prediction is good, searching any data is  easier (you can do it from your keyboard), need to translate? You can also do it on your keyboard!

Gboard supports a much wider range of languages and dialects/character styles than SwiftKey. In 2019, GBoard supports 626 language/dialects. And if we talk about sticker pack selection and GIF searching, GBoard get full support from Google Search which make it better than Swiftkey (which using Bing). One of Gboard features: Google Search including web results and predictive answers, easy searching-sharing of GIF & emoji content and a predictive typing engine suggesting the next word depending on context.

Swiftkey

Different with GBoard which has launched on 2016, SwiftKey has had a long and storied history before that. Swiftkey was first released as exclusive for Android Market in July 2010, followed by iOS release in September 2014. Yeah, Swiftkey is older than GBoard. In February 2016, SwiftKey was purchased by Microsoft (for $250 million) and the app has getting better and fast.

This keyboard's approach to punctuation and the customizable command bar make it easy for advanced editors to get what they want typed as fast as they can. Swiftkey has a lot nice feature such as "Swiping from . for quicker punctuation", clipboard copy-paste of multiple recent items and many more. Swiftkey also has better customization of size/layout than GBoard. They also has more Expansive theme gallery.

For me, I can type faster with Swiftkey meanwhile GBoard give me some "lag" when I am typing to fast (or something like that ).

Comparison Table

Thank you all for reading

Have recommendation to the next App Showdown thread? Write on comment or send me PM

Recent App Showdown:
Single Poll thread Total 264 Users Voted This Poll has ended.

67.05% (177)

32.95% (87)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +75 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-22 12:21:23
Favorites36 RateRate

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Thanks for sharing!
2019-06-22 12:38:50

Grand Master Bunny

$huvo | from Redmi 4

I am using SwiftKey
2019-06-22 12:48:49

Master Bunny

d4rm4N | from Redmi 7

gboard is very good for me !!
2019-06-22 14:42:04

Master Bunny

Joshxp | from Redmi Note 5

I am using fleksy and its awesome
2019-06-22 15:10:31

Advanced Bunny

6180329966 | from MI 9

SwiftKey, without a doubt. Give it a try for a few days. I'm curious if you'll go back...
2019-06-22 15:26:51

Wizard Bunny

1256189875 | from Mi MIX 2

I am using swiftkey for years!
2019-06-22 15:55:52

Advanced Bunny

Kopacha | from MI 9

Swiftkey all the way
2019-06-22 16:05:46

Beta Team-Global

Colin Hopper | from Mi MIX 2S

I like GBoard
2019-06-22 16:07:04

Beta Team-Global

Ayush23a | from app

I am using SwiftKey
2019-06-22 16:31:42

Master Bunny

jhs39 | from app

I have fat fingers and always make typing mistakes with GBoard because the keys are too small. SwiftKey allows way more customization options.
2019-06-22 16:35:00